Who finds a franchise QB first? Jets or Giants?

Mike135

Who finds a franchise QB first? Jets or Giants?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who finds their next franchise QB first?

On 1/9/2017 at 7:20 PM, BigRy56 said:

Jets. We are trying. The Giants got lucky in falling into Manning/Rivers. Outside of Eli, have they really ever had a 'franchise quarterback' as we know it to be now? I don't know if Phil Simms qualifies but maybe.

Phil Simms was a better QB than Eli Manning

On 1/9/2017 at 8:30 PM, Mike135 said:

Yup.  Though there is some logic supporting why the Jets won't find a franchise QB.  Or rather lack of logic.  Some organizations just seem to play the jester role.  Do you think the Giants would have signed Tebow or re-signed Fitz for 12mil?  I don't.

They would have avoided the big splash or media friendly move, saved cap space, developed youth and if need be... suffered until a solid option came along.

One glimmer of hope I noticed this season was how they treated Hack.  They had a plan and stuck to it.  Regardless of what fans and media wanted.  Even if Hack sucks, was good to see.

you do know what they did this offseason, right?

On 1/9/2017 at 8:04 PM, Matt39 said:

I dont know. They were scared to death to play him in preseason games this year. My guess is they know he's horrible and they go hail mary with either Kizer, Watson or Trubinsky to save themselves. 

None of them are likely to be there at six unless it is Kiser and I don't think Mac will reach that far for him when there are other options in later rounds. Stick with the board and take the BPA. If the Jets reach I would rather see tham reach for an offensive lineman. Take Cam Robinson a few picks early and be happy with that. O-Line is a weak spot that needs an infusion of talent.

On 1/9/2017 at 6:20 PM, BigRy56 said:

Jets. We are trying. The Giants got lucky in falling into Manning/Rivers. Outside of Eli, have they really ever had a 'franchise quarterback' as we know it to be now? I don't know if Phil Simms qualifies but maybe.

Phil took them to one Super Bowl, and was playing really well on their second run when he got hurt.  He also had the great and running game behind him, but he was a good to very good QB.

Archived