Does any of this matter?

Jetster

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Fraud Agency is a great term. We haven't learned our lesson since Leonard Marshall & Ronnie Lott. There is a reason guys like Marshall have NEVER been to the playoffs. Look at the trades that looked so good when we made them but have since meant NOTHING to the organization overall.

Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Marshall, and on & on. We need to draft players that grow up being JETS. I loved the Jets with the sack exchange, Al Toon, Wesley Walker, Freeman McNeil, Johnny Hector, Mickey Shuler, home grown guys that you really felt were NY Jets.

I have never in my 48 years of being a fan HATED a Jet team as much as I hated the 2016 NY Jets. It was a Frankenstein of an NFL team.

The members of the sack exchange and guys like McNeil and Schuler did not play in the free agency frenzy era. Fewer players.... way fewer... were lost or gained that way in the early days of FA.  If those guys were drafted in recent years,  they'd be looking to move on to big pay day once the rookie contract ended. Back then we could keep them more easily and cheaply. Although I empathize with your pain over FA, those old  days are forever gone and team building back then was a vastly different process.

Archived