Trade Scenario's

NYDreamer

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

NO.....What is it with some of you guys and picking Pat Mahomes in the 1st Round!

The guy is a 2nd round prospect AT BEST.  You pick him in the 1st, that is worse than picking Hack in the middle of the 2nd round last year.

Nothing is worse than picking a 5th rounder in round 2.

46 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Fair enough....but picking Mahomes in the first would quickly rise in the standings of "Worst Jets draft picks of all-time."

Not really. Mahomes' grade is all over the place, from round 1 prospect, to round 4. I don't ever remember Hack being discussed in the first 3 rounds last year. A year later, even the most optimistic (and realistic) fans would agree Hack was a major reach. 

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

We would all be happy with that. But if they could get even a 3rd for Sheldon I think they would do it.

I think with the right kind of draft day fluidity, getting a 3rd is very realistic possibility and not a reach at all.   If there is weird ju-ju in the air with every star in the universe is in perfect alignment, and some team is wildly focused on a player they just have to have, manipulating additional later picks could get a 2nd for Sheldon.

1 hour ago, Il Mostro said:

I think with the right kind of draft day fluidity, getting a 3rd is very realistic possibility and not a reach at all.   If there is weird ju-ju in the air with every star in the universe is in perfect alignment, and some team is wildly focused on a player they just have to have, manipulating additional later picks could get a 2nd for Sheldon.

I hope it happens. That would be great!

If the Jets want OJ Howard, Fournette, Cook or any other players they have been linked to, it would be too risky. Trade Sheldon for a 2nd and I'm happy

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I have a feeling if they could have got a second rounder for Sheldon he would already be gone. The guy has little to no value after his speeding thing then him being benched for showing up late and a mediocre season and on top of that his contract is up after this season isn't it? Someone might give is a mid to late rounder for him if they are a team that thinks they have a chance this season otherwise anyone else who might have interest in him will wait for next off-season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have a feeling if they could have got a second rounder for Sheldon he would already be gone. The guy has little to no value after his speeding thing then him being benched for showing up late and a mediocre season and on top of that his contract is up after this season isn't it? Someone might give is a mid to late rounder for him if they are a team that thinks they have a chance this season otherwise anyone else who might have interest in him will wait for next off-season.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I agree. A guy can't dream a little?!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived