Lamont Jordan Predictions ?

Smizzy

Where does it say that?? I go by the NFL stats

like this one..

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235027

I'm talking about rushing?? What are you talking

about?? Oh..It's the old YJF misdirection play!

Ok..Lets Talk about Wide Receivers and their

Rushing avg next!! Geeez.. :roll:

What misdirection?

Blaylock only had 38 carries in his first two years as an active player.

Last year was the first time in his career that he had over 100 touches.

His longest play from scrimmage is 63 yards.When I talk about big play, I'm talking about BIG PLAYS.

Whether it be running or catching the football out of the backfield. Blaylock is one of the fastest RB's in The NFL.

That's what he brings to The Jets. The ability to make the big play.

There's no misdirection here.

savage you said that you'd "bet Jordan has had

bigger plays and I also bet Blaylock hasn't broken

one bigger then even Martin!! "

you said PLAYS not RUSHING PLAYS

even so Curtis ran one from 70 and he's the long rusher out of the three

Blaylock caught a 63 yarder and he's the long receiver out of the three

that leaves Lamont where exactly in your bet? i wish we made that bet i could have made some cash 8)

savage you said that you'd "bet Jordan has had

bigger plays and I also bet Blaylock hasn't broken

one bigger then even Martin!! "

you said PLAYS not RUSHING PLAYS

even so Curtis ran one from 70 and he's the long rusher out of the three

Blaylock caught a 63 yarder and he's the long receiver out of the three

that leaves Lamont where exactly in your bet? i wish we made that bet i could have made some cash 8)

BIT, I did a post in another one of these Jordan vs Martin threads where I posted a huge list of RB"s who had the most runs over 20 yards last year.

Martin had more than Ladianian Tomlinson and several other top backs.

I'm not saying that Martin is a big play back. That's his one area of weakness. He doesn't have great breakaway speed and doesn't break alot of long runs.

But when you sat down and compared him to the rest of the league in the long run category. He measured up favorably to everybody.

No, the real question is will Martin ever get over his "PennyBoy" syndrome?

Will he ever gain more than 70 yards against a top defensive team?

Right Savage? :lol::lol:

How does 114 yards and 2tds against The Ravens sound.

One thing to remember, Last year. The AFC East had the best defenses in their division statistically. Plus Martin played Pittsburgh twice and Baltimore.

1,697 yards rushing 4.6 yards a run and 12 rushing td's is not bad for a supposed "scrub".

As for Blaylock. Derrick is a big play back. He's better at breaking the long run than Jordan. That's what he will provide for The Jets.

Bit that was the YJF quote I was responding to!

And Yes Martin can run in the snow when a quick

defense falls down like the 03 Pitt game perhaps??

Rushing wise Blaylocks biggest play was 25 yds I

believe the same as Martins was this past year! :roll:

yeah i agree - and for the most part you are right - martin's 70 yarder was in 1997 -

out of the three Jordan is the most likely to break a big play - he's also the most likely to fumble

all im saying is if you made that bet with YJF who had the "biggest play" i think you would have lost -

Im not sure tho because NFL.com doesn't include playoff stats and Jordan had a very big play in the raiders playoffs a couple years back

Bit that was the YJF quote I was responding to!

And Yes Martin can run in the snow when a quick

defense falls down like the 03 Pitt game perhaps??

Rushing wise Blaylocks biggest play was 25 yds I

believe the same as Martins was this past year! :roll:

Blaylock has more big play capability than Jordan.I stand by that statement. I've watched both players since college. DB is faster and a better big play back. Jordan is the better player.

This is from an earlier thread this month where you and I savage got into another one of our Martin vs Jordan arguments.

I bring this back into the light because of this "big plays argument".

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:54 pm Post subject:

Savage, you're forgetting that he also can not run for more than 25 yards on a single play.

Glad you brought this up.

I agree, Martin's one weakness is his inability to break the long run. Martin doesn't have breakaway speed. It's his one weakness.That's why they signed Blaylock.

But here's some interesting stats from last year. These are all backs that had nearly the same amount of carries. These guys all had over 300 carries.

RUNS OVER 20 YARDS

Curtis Martin- 7

Ladainian Tomlinson-6

Edgerrin James- 6

Clinton Portis- 5

Corey Dillon-8

There are a ton of backs who had less than 300 carries. I didn't include them in this mix and they had 7 runs over 20 or less. Ahman Green had 6, Duece McAlister had 5 etc etc etc

The two best in this category were Shaun Alexander who had 15 runs over 20 (Very impressive) and Tiki Barber who had 11. He's a boom or bust type back. He'll get stopped for a few losses and then break a nice gainer. I like Tiki. Anyway.

Fred Taylor who may be the most explosive back next to Tomlinson had 9 last year but as usual he ended up injured.

Just a sidenote and it's not fair to Lamont Jordan because he didn't have enough carries to even be compared on this list.

Jordan's longest run last year was 33 yards. In the last two years, His longest run from scrimmage has been 39 yards. He only had 3 plays over 20 last year but he didn't have nowhere near the carries that Martin had and he's way more of a big play threat than Martin is.

I'm just trying to show you that The "long runs" issue is not as big of a factor as one would think.

Im not sure tho because NFL.com doesn't include playoff stats and Jordan had a very big play in the raiders playoffs a couple years back

Was that the 46 yd run for a TD in our last Game 01

vs the Raiders that helped the Jets to a 24-22 Win?

They gave him 1 carry and thats what he did! Martin

had 50 yds in that Game!! Of course he took 16

carries to get that!! :lol:

1,100 yards at best, maybe he tops out at 10 TDs

I just think that even with randy moss now, that that offense will not be "SOOO GREAT" like everyone is expecting, that oline has problems protecting the QB, and we all know that kerry collins is no culpepper or manning.

1,100 yards at best, maybe he tops out at 10 TDs

I just think that even with randy moss now, that that offense will not be "SOOO GREAT" like everyone is expecting, that oline has problems protecting the QB, and we all know that kerry collins is no culpepper or manning.

No but he has taken a Team to the Super Bowl have

they?? :roll:

• 9 months later...

Archived