Would You Keep Jets Pick or Swap?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. 2015 Draft

• Keep
    • Swap
  2. 2. 2016 Draft

• Keep
    • Swap

So, we did the next pick thread where we looked at guys picked at the same position that we picked a guy at.  Now, let's try the previous pick.  If you could go back to the 2015 and 2016 draft, and pick the guy at the same position taken ahead of our guy, would you do so?  Remember, it's the draft as a whole.  And please answer without looking first.

2015 and 2016.

Please explain your rationale below.  

2015 - Keep.  Fowler was an OLB and Leo is 10x as good anyway.  I was shocked when the Jags took Fowler over Leo.  Devin Smith was clearly a bust but I think the player to go before him was Philip Dorsett who's been pretty much a bust too.   Next was Mauldin, I remember liking Eli Harold better but Mauldin has been better so far.   Who was taken before Petty?  Garrett Grayson or Sean Mannion?  Who was taken before Harrison?  Have no idea. Same with Simon.  Am I missing anyone?

2016 - hell yes, duh, wtf kind of question is that? ;-)  That means we'd have Carson Wentz, no?  And Leonard Floyd?   And then this is where it gets tricky again.  Was Jenkins listed as an OLB or DE?  What was Ngakuoe?  If that was the swap even better.  Burris for who knows but who cares at this point?  Same with Shell and Edwards and Peake. They're all insignificant because Carson Wentz. 

2016 Draft

• Round 1: ILB Darron Lee
  • Round 2: QB Christian Hackenberg
  • Round 3: OLB Jordan Jenkins
  • Round 4: CB Juston Burris
  • Round 5: T Brandon Shell
  • Round 7: P Lachlan Edwards
  • Round 7: WR Charone Peake

2015 Draft

• Round 1, Pick 6 Leonard Williams, DL
  • Round 2, Pick 37, Devin Smith, WR
  • Round 3, Pick 83, Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB
  • Round 4, Pick 103, Bryce Petty, QB
  • Round 5, Pick 152, Jarvis Harrison G
  • Round 5, Pick 223, Deon Simon, DT

1 hour ago, JiF said:

2015 - Keep.  Fowler was an OLB and Leo is 10x as good anyway.  I was shocked when the Jags took Fowler over Leo.  Devin Smith was clearly a bust but I think the player to go before him was Philip Dorsett who's been pretty much a bust too.   Next was Mauldin, I remember liking Eli Harold better but Mauldin has been better so far.   Who was taken before Petty?  Garrett Grayson or Sean Mannion?  Who was taken before Harrison?  Have no idea. Same with Simon.  Am I missing anyone?

2016 - hell yes, duh, wtf kind of question is that? ;-)  That means we'd have Carson Wentz, no?  And Leonard Floyd?   And then this is where it gets tricky again.  Was Jenkins listed as an OLB or DE?  What was Ngakuoe?  If that was the swap even better.  Burris for who knows but who cares at this point?  Same with Shell and Edwards and Peake. They're all insignificant because Carson Wentz. 

Ok, I'm going to put the spoiler on for anyone else that doesn't want to know before picking.  

Spoiler

Leo--------Fowler Jr

Devin Smith......Philip Dorsett

Mauldin........Tricky (Randy Gregory is next LB....next LB is Stephone Anthony in the first)

Petty.............Sean Mannion

Jarvis Harrison........Mark Gowinski

Deon Simon.........Rakeem Nunez-Roches

I think it's pretty close to a slam dunk Keep.

Lee........Leonard Floyd

Hackenberg..........Paxton Lynch

Jordan Jenkins.........Tricky since next LB is Su'a Cravens...next OLB is Myles Jack

Burris...........Ryan Smith

Brandon Shell........Joe Haeg

Lachlan Edwards.......Riley Dixon

Charone Peake.........Devin Fuller

This one isn't a slam dunk, although you can make an argument for both sides.

29 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Picking an earlier player will tend to give more value... I bet switching would be best... for both years

It usually does, but I think the comparison is interesting here.  As I point out in the spoiler section, it's not very clear cut.  

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Paxton Lynch, Paxton Lynch ☹️

15 hours ago, win4ever said:

Ok, I'm going to put the spoiler on for anyone else that doesn't want to know before picking.  

Reveal hidden contents

It usually does, but I think the comparison is interesting here.  As I point out in the spoiler section, it's not very clear cut.  

Nevermind... I got it... eh... I could argue that both would be better... Fowler got hurt so last year was his red shirted rookie campaign

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Nevermind... I got it... eh... I could argue that both would be better... Fowler got hurt so last year was his red shirted rookie campaign

It really depends on Fowler's recovery but I'm not sure I can take that because Leo is a stud.

I think the second year is much more debatable.  

Archived