Anyone else feel this way?

4HCrew

Just completely frustrated to endure another rebuilding and restructuring of the NY Jets? watch a coach develop, wait for the young core of players to develop, hope for some quality draft picks. Knowing the Jets have a minimal chance of making the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl next year. Talking to a couple of guys in the gym tonight really could not dwell on any positives...it is all unknowns and patience. Just sucks.

I have been a fan for 20 years and just cannot fall into the immune state. Things still annoy me and frustrate me and it gets very old being embarassed by a franchise. I have never seen an organization continously make poor decisions and handle things so poorly. Next up..the Heimerdinger saga.. the only thing the Jets are good at...sending out ticket invoices in a timely manner.

Just completely frustrated to endure another rebuilding and restructuring of the NY Jets? watch a coach develop, wait for the young core of players to develop, hope for some quality draft picks. Just sucks.

That's the way it goes. We had one window of opportunity over the past twenty years, 1998-2002, and a series of unfortunate events closed it:

1. Martin and Byers' fumbles against Denver in the AFC championship game.

2. Martin's fumble, first play of the 1999 season; Vinny injured himself trying to recover it.

3. Leon Hess' death; team is in limbo for one year.

4. Bellichek walks away from the uncertainty of it all. Groh also walks; gets a better deal in Virginia; the Keyshawn trade etc.

5. Herman Edwards. Terry Bradway. Nuff said.

Bottom line, when Woody bought this team and made a decision to hire a rookie GM and a rookie HC, the team should have been blown up right then and their. It was over for that group. The fact that Wayne Chrebet just retired this year, and Curtis Martin is still on the roster, is a joke.

The team is a mess right now, because it was alowed to deteriorate under Herm and Terry, who had other priorities besides developing players and building a foundation. If you look around the league, that's exactly what coaches and GM's do. But not these two clowns. All that they did in five years, was exhaust the fuel on aging veterans, who's shelf life inevitably expired. For what? Two playoff victories? In five years? Oh well, that's life. No point crying over spilt milk. Nobody is going to tell me that the 2001 Patriots were better than the 2001 Jets. Not before Cox, Burton, Phipher et al were cut. That O-line was stacked- Mawae, Fabini, Thomas, Young,Jenkins...

Just my opinion, I think those guys should have got a ring.

At least Kerry Jenkins got one, just not here.

Hey, look at that great Oilers team back in the 70's that couldn't get past the Steelers. Or in basketball, Ewings Knicks couldn't get past Jordan's Bulls. Sometimes you got a team that right there, but there is just that one hurdle that can't be cleared. And the years go by, and your team falls apart, at the same time theirs does. You couldn't hold on and wait them out.

But our hurdle wasn't the Pat's. It was Herman Edwards. Herm inherited a good team, and let it whither on the vine while he hung out in his office for five years, with Mark Cannizaro, eating corn dogs.

The Jets record will be much improved next year if for nothing else, our last place schedule.

Why do you guys keep harping on this "last place schedule" crap?

The Jets will play the exact same schedule as the Pats next season with the exception of two games.

A "last place schedule" is totally meaningless.

For the first time Pats I am agreeing with you. Last place schedule does not mean a thing with the way free agency is these days. Teams are up and down on a year to year basis.

But the point is 4H, the schedules for the 1st place team and the last place team in any division is exactly the same with the exception of only two games.

And to your point, those "two games" can be against teams that totally sucked last year but improved dramatically the next year.

Archived