what are our Biggest offseason Needs ? ? ?

kelly

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

So instead, we'll trade a former top 10 pick AND next years first for a quitter that will be in his thirties. A quitter that quit on a perennial playoff contender, mind you, not a team in the midst of another coaching change and rebuild.

Solid plan. 

?

C - Most pressing need.  Our current starter is Jonotthan Harrison.  Get Paradis or Morse here.

LG - I think they let Carpenter go and look to upgrade him.

DE - Pass rushers are ESSENTIAL in William's 4-3 attacking defense.

Playmaker - That can come in the form of a RB (Bell) or a WR (Draft)

CB - I'm not comfortable with either starters.  It's very likely that they both miss games at the same time which would leave the team screwed. 

30 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

C - Most pressing need.  Our current starter is Jonotthan Harrison.  Get Paradis or Morse here.

LG - I think they let Carpenter go and look to upgrade him.

DE - Pass rushers are ESSENTIAL in William's 4-3 attacking defense.

Playmaker - That can come in the form of a RB (Bell) or a WR (Draft)

CB - I'm not comfortable with either starters.  It's very likely that they both miss games at the same time which would leave the team screwed. 

In my view NOTHING on defense is a pressing need for the next year or 2 until we have Sam protected and surrounded by weapons. Coach up what we have and Williams can use all that creativity and 42 base defenses he is expert in to scheme a pass rush.  Patriots won the SB without really having any elite pash rushers, and before you say "Tom Brady" think for a second that we know have SAM DARNOLD so the entire dynamic is different. DO NOT make the mistake the Colts made with Luck.

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

In my view NOTHING on defense is a pressing need for the next year or 2 until we have Sam protected and surrounded by weapons. Coach up what we have and Williams can use all that creativity and 42 base defenses he is expert in to scheme a pass rush.  Patriots won the SB without really having any elite pash rushers, and before you say "Tom Brady" think for a second that we know have SAM DARNOLD so the entire dynamic is different. DO NOT make the mistake the Colts made with Luck.

I agree.  You attack the OL first in the offseason and protect Darnold.  If you can roll out an OL of Beachum, Saffold, Paradis, Winters, Shell to start the 2019 season then I'm okay with that and waiting to draft the LT in the 2020 draft.

Archived