Curtis gets award!!!

gg

didnt see this posted.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060206/SPORTS0101/602060396/1126

Martin wins Bart Starr Award as positive role model

Besides the announcement of the inductees of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, there was one other award presented Saturday.

New York Jets running back Curtis Martin was named winner of the Bart Starr Award at the annual NFL-sanctioned Super Bowl Breakfast, hosted by Athletes in Action.

The event, attended by 2,000 at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center, featured Starr, Indianapolis coach Tony Dungy , NFL Hall of Famer Lem Barney , Detroit Lions' Jason Hanson and Robert Porcher , and former Starr Award recipients Anthony Munoz and Brent Jones .

The winner of the Bart Starr Award is determined by NFL player balloting at the end of the regular season. It honors Starr's lifelong commitment to serving as a positive role model to his family, teammates and community.

"Curtis Martin is an exceptional recipient because he embodies the criteria, showing compassion and dedication to those less fortunate," Bart Starr said.

"I think everybody has a gift that they're supposed to help the world with," said Martin. "Outside of my ability to reach other people, in my mind there's no need for football, there's no need for fame, there's no need for fortune."

Lansing man scores Super Bowl tickets: 40 years in a row

Gregory Eaton has been to every Super Bowl played and was expected to be in attendance for Sunday's Super Bowl XL at Ford Field.

Archived