Mock Offseason

SR24

Ik there's a ton of these threads on here already but I'm a degenerate NFL fan who's bored at work. I used Overthecap.com to do the cuts/trades/free agents etc.

Resign

Beachum- 1yr/8mil,

Daniel Brown 1yr 1.5mil? (Idk what we actually paid him),

Poole-3yr/27mil,

Maulet- 2yr/3mil. 

Leaves us around $58Mil for remaining cap space according to OTC

Free Agency

Thuney- LG- 4yr/54 mil

Glasgow- RG- 4yr/46 mil

Karl Joseph- SS- 2yr/6.5 mil

Matt Moore- Backup QB- 1yr/ 2 mil

Mcgovern- C- 4y/32mil

Bradley Roby- CB- 3yr/25.5 Mil

Leaves roughly $15mil for the draft and some lower end guys perhaps.

Trade

NYJ trades Jamal Adams to Dallas for #17 and #82

Draft

11- Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia

17- Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

48- Curtis Weaver, Edge Boise St

68- Isaiah Wilson, OT Georgia

79- K.J Hill, WR Ohio State

82- Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona St. 

BPA rest of the way. 

Heavy emphasis on the OL and the offensive side of the ball. Also fill a big need at Edge and add a good corner in Roby. Roast away! 

Nothing to roast. I really, really like what you did here. I like the signings, I like the draft. Any changes I would make would be nit picking. 

However, I will say that #1 its a bit unrealistic that we get all of these FAs and #2 I doubt we trade Jamal Adams. Otherwise, SIGN ME UP! 

*I've been becoming more and more of a fan of Ruggs. I think he may end up being one of the best WRs in this class.   

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not sure how you can sign Beachum, Poole and Maulet and still have $58 million in cap space when the Jets only have around $49 million to begin with.  

Cuts my friend! after cutting Roberts,Hariston,Winters,Trumaine, Avery and Bellamy it puts us upwards of 73mil!!! atleast according to OverTheCap.com

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Not sure how you can sign Beachum, Poole and Maulet and still have $58 million in cap space when the Jets only have around $49 million to begin with.  

I think he's assuming cutting Winters, Roberts, Tru, and the usual suspects. 

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Nothing to roast. I really, really like what you did here. I like the signings, I like the draft. Any changes I would make would be nit picking. 

However, I will say that #1 its a bit unrealistic that we get all of these FAs and #2 I doubt we trade Jamal Adams. Otherwise, SIGN ME UP! 

*I've been becoming more and more of a fan of Ruggs. I think he may end up being one of the best WRs in this class.   

Appreciate the feedback brother! The contracts are probably light as I've got no idea how signing bonuses work but I'm hoping we can add some quality OL in free agency at least 2. Especially with how good OT is in the draft we can hopefully cash in on some interior olineman. Thuney and Glasgow are priority 1 and 1A for me!