Jordan Jenkins

The most valuable players on the Jets and my perspective on whether to trade + compensation needed to make a trade: 

• QB Sam Darnold - Do not trade him (2021 1st round pick + conditional 2022 3rd round pick). I still personally believe in Sam Darnold, and the Jets owe it to themselves to be sure if he is the right QB for this team. Sam has been able to make players around him better before, and while the season hasn't gone well I'd like to see him with a new player-caller, a stabilized line, and some healthy WRs. If Sam actually ends the season on a high note despite a depleted roster it would be bittersweet; it likely removes them from the Lawrence discussion (which I'm fine with), but gives hope that Darnold does have what it takes to be a franchise QB going forward. Unless a team offers something like a 1st-plus, I'm holding firm. 
  • WR Jamison Crowder - Do not trade him (2021 2nd round pick). A really good player who is under contract for another year and could help the 2021 team... NFL rebuilds don't take as long as they once did nor will Douglas will be awarded an infinite amount of time to build a competitive roster. Unless someone is willing to trade a 2nd, hold him. 
  • WR Breshad Perriman Trade him (2021 5-6th round pick). Unlike Crowder, Perriman is a FA at years end and the Jets have nothing to play for. They can likely get a 5-6th round pick for him, while letting Denzel Mims, Jeff Smith, Vyncint Smith, and Lawrence Cager get additional playing time. 
  • TE Chris Herndon - Do not trade him (2021 4th round pick). The only reason why you don't trade him right now is because your not going to get anything back in return; his value couldn't be lower right now. However, you'd be forced to consider if someone gave something like a 4th round pick. 
  • RB Frank Gore - Trade him (conditional 2022 7th round pick). See Steve McLendon deal. I doubt there's a market, but give the guy a chance to end his career on a high note while opening up a spot for the young guys to play.
  • DL Quinnen Williams - Do not trade him (2021 1st round pick + 4th round pick). I know there is some excitement around the thought of a fire-sale, but at the same time it's not wise to start trading away players just because. Williams hasn't lived up to the hype, but he also hasn't been used correctly and is only 22 years old with 2 more cost-controlled years. Leaving the cupboard empty isn't Joe Douglas's prerogative - it's simply to get value back in return for players who are unlikely to have a future in New York.  
  • DE Henry Anderson - Trade him (conditional 2023 7th round pick). Another player that I doubt would have a market, but if someone were to offer anything the team should take it.
  • LB Avery WilliamsonTrade him (conditional 2021 7th round pick). I think he can provide some value to a team, but they may get turned off paying a guaranteed salary. If someone makes an offer, might as well let him free. 
  • LB Jordan JenkinsTrade him (2021 6th round pick). I don't see Jenkins landing the Jets any more than a 6th round pick, but even then it would be worth it. The Jets aren't going anywhere and it's not like they can get any less competitive than they have; might as well give the young guys PT. 
  • CB Brian PooleTrade him (2021 5th round pick). It's hard to say what one should expect in return for Poole as he's a slot only player that won't fit in every scheme, but he's really really good if used correctly. With him being a free agent at seasons end, I think I'd bite on a 5th round pick. Unless the team has plans to re-sign Poole, you make the deal. 
  • S Marcus Maye - Trade him (2021 4th round pick). If Douglas has no plans to re-sign Marcus Maye, you take what is likely to be no more than a 4th round pick for the same reasons as Poole. However, if the team does foresee a contract extension on the horizon, the best thing to do would be to hold firm. 

On 10/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, Matt39 said:

I mean, is Jordan Jenkins better than a backup OLB on a contending team? Doubt it.

On 10/19/2020 at 2:21 PM, Untouchable said:

Don’t see any way you get that much for Jenkins.

The guy was just on the open market and no one would offer him anything more than the 1 year, $4-5 million that Douglas gave him.

You might get a 6th or maybe a conditional 5th, but that’s about it.

This. We got him back on a one year deal because there wasn't really a market for him. I doubt anyone wants to give up a pick for him.