Jordan Jenkins

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Don’t see any way you get that much for Jenkins.

The guy was just on the open market and no one would offer him anything more than the 1 year, $4-5 million that Douglas gave him.

You might get a 6th or maybe a conditional 5th, but that’s about it.

This. We might be able to get a 3rd for Maye from a team that needs a FS but that's probably the highest offer we get outside of Quinnen.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Why get rid of Crowder? He’s one of the better slot receivers in the league.

Not exactly a bad thing for Lawrence to have at his disposal.

I can see it from both sides, depending on the offer. He has a year left on his deal so if we got a 2 for him from a contender (Sanu trade last year) or a 3 and a 4 (Emmanuel Sanders trade last year) I would take it, but letting him play out his final year to help out Lawrence wouldn't be a bad thing. If the offer is good I would but I wouldn't give him away.

More depressing than this season... JN threads.

In what world does a JAG like Jenkins demand a 3rd round pick? The dude couldn't even get a deal in FA and stinks. Hes a rotational backup OLB for a good team. I can't cope with this combo of trash on the field trash on the forum for much longer...............................

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I woudl guess Poole would get a decent return.  Contenders can always use another corner, and Poole is one of the best in the league.  He could have some value.  Avery Williamson is another guy who is a FA after the season who could fetch a pick in return..  As would Crowder, who I believe has another year on his contract after this year.  But I would rather keep Crowder bec  Iause we are so thin at the WR position - he would be valuable to whomever our QB is next year.

Its not like our roster is loaded with talented vets that other teams covet

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

A guy like Jenkins is probably just so tired of losing at this point. I think the losing culture ends up ruining marginal players like him. 

Agreed.  You want to change the culture, sometimes you have to move on from the marginal guys who have been part of the losing locker room for 4 seasons. 

• Upvote 1

Jordan Jenkins 1 year contract is why I have faith in Joe Douglas. There were many of you on here that thought this guy should get a 3 year contract & you all remember who you are after his 8 sack year. 

Others, like myself, looked at Jenkins as an ok guy at holding the edge but absolutely nothing special. Past Jet GMs have been paying our Jags whose contracts expire for the simple reason that we SUCK AT THE DRAFT. 

2nd contracts are for CLOSERS. 

• Upvote 1

For this upcoming FA, I want JD to focus on signing former successful vets with 2-3 years left in this league, to cheap incentive based contracts. They will actually have a chance to play here as we rebuild so it’s mutually beneficial. 

Let them be locker room leaders that can help teach all the young guys and establish a culture. Anyone that has only been a Jet for the last 3-5 years is a LOSER. We need the right type of vets that other teams won’t necessarily sign and won’t hurt our cap.

We have to change the locker room culture and of course need a good coach. Get 1 respected vet per position group with the rest being young guys that can be developed. 

Today, the Jets have about 35 players under contract for 2021.

They have 10 draft picks.  

Once again, the cap room is not as much as we think.  

Cutting CJ Mosley will cost cap room, so we are unlikely to do that.  

The entire starting OL, plus Edoga and Clark, will be back.

Henry Anderson could get cut for $8.2mm in savings.  I would count on that.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

Today, the Jets have about 35 players under contract for 2021.

They have 10 draft picks.  

Once again, the cap room is not as much as we think.  

Cutting CJ Mosley will cost cap room, so we are unlikely to do that.  

The entire starting OL, plus Edoga and Clark, will be back.

Henry Anderson could get cut for $8.2mm in savings.  I would count on that.  

$75 Million is plenty of cap space even if we accept that we need to add 8 players next year. You can add 6 depth pieces worth less than $4 million each that would be improvements to this roster. 

This team has money to burn and they should spend like loons.