Keyshawn Johnson's daughter passes away

Just now, slimjasi said:

What a horrible tragedy. Too young. 

RIP

Absolutely.  As a father I can’t even imagine what he is going through.  I know all of you who are parents feel the same way.  When I heard the news it really out a damper on today 

• Upvote 1

My sincere condolences to Keyshawn and his family. 

We should all cherish the good fortunes we may have.  To be privileged to experience good health and happiness for ourselves and our loved ones.    

I know a loss like this supersedes any enthusiasm for sports entertainment.  It puts things in perspective for sure.   

I lost my mother last September 15th.  Couple that with the Jets opening game sh!tshow...killed any interest I had for the rest of the season.  

At that very same time...my sister was fighting the same type of lung cancer that took my father's life.  On top of that...she has also been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

It's impossible to lose yourself.  To have some kind of escape and respite from family tragedies.  When you know your favorite team is about to win no more then 2-3 games at best.  No...I didn't want any of that.    

I've been lurking around here on and off for the past month or so.  Hoping to whip up some kind of interest and enthusiasm for an upcoming season. 

Right now...I'd call it a work-in-progress.