22 Days Left

AL047

With 22 days until the draft the Jets made it obvious who they are picking #2 and its QB Zack Wilson from BYU. After that the Jets will be playing the waiting game until the #23 pick in the first round, while waiting they will see where a lot of players go and they will be fielding offers for their pick. 

We can look at the first three rounds and the Jets can draft the areas of need that are the OL, DB, and RB. These are the areas that they need to address first IMO, after they can address the TE, WR and LB's. But I believe the Jets will be moving and adding picks in the later rounds like last year. 

6 hours ago, AL047 said:

With 22 days until the draft the Jets made it obvious who they are picking #2 and its QB Zack Wilson from BYU. After that the Jets will be playing the waiting game until the #23 pick in the first round, while waiting they will see where a lot of players go and they will be fielding offers for their pick. 

We can look at the first three rounds and the Jets can draft the areas of need that are the OL, DB, and RB. These are the areas that they need to address first IMO, after they can address the TE, WR and LB's. But I believe the Jets will be moving and adding picks in the later rounds like last year. 

Unless it's just a few spots later, I think that any team wanting to move up to #23 from let's say #30 would have to give up #30, their 2nd round pick and next years 2nd round pick.  I think there is a big difference between #23 and #30 in this years draft, especially where the Jets need the most help, like Cornerback, wide receiver and edge rusher.

I think JD has a couple of players on his board (Teven Jenkins and Zaven Collins come to mind) who he won't pass on at 23 for a trade down opportunity. He may even end up moving up a few spots to take 'his guy'. 

If those guys are gone, I could very well see him moving down and acquiring more picks. 

Rondale Moore is a guy to keep an eye on if the Jets move down from 23. He is an explosive, versatile playmaker and won't nec. just be relegated to the slot. I.E. If they draft Moore, it doesn't mean they HAVE to cut Crowder. The Jets have apparently met with him already and he has the traits JD has talked about ad nauseum as what he looks for on offense. His injury history could push him down to the bottom of Rd. 1 despite being in that upper talent level of receivers. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I think JD has a couple of players on his board (Teven Jenkins and Zaven Collins come to mind) who he won't pass on at 23 for a trade down opportunity. He may even end up moving up a few spots to take 'his guy'. 

If those guys are gone, I could very well see him moving down and acquiring more picks. 

Rondale Moore is a guy to keep an eye on if the Jets move down from 23. He is an explosive, versatile playmaker and won't nec. just be relegated to the slot. I.E. If they draft Moore, it doesn't mean they HAVE to cut Crowder. The Jets have apparently met with him already and he has the traits JD has talked about ad nauseum as what he looks for on offense. His injury history could push him down to the bottom of Rd. 1 despite being in that upper talent level of receivers. 

I love Teven Jenkins, great pass blocker and nasty run blocker.