The Horse Racing Thread

I anticipate this thread will probably just be me posting every once in a while but if there are others who want to discuss then great. 

Onto recent news, Baffert's horses (Medina Spirit and Concert Tour) are allowed to run in the Preakness this weekend even though KY Derby winner Medina Spirit tested positive for betamethasone which is an anti inflammatory that is not allowed to be taken 14 days before a race. Probably because if the split samples come back negative in a few weeks Pimlico would look bad, not to mention possible legal action. Bob claims an ointment was what caused the positive but who really knows with this guy, I think he's had like four Grade 1 winners test positive for illegal substances in the last year including Gamine who's just an unbelievable filly. I'll leave a video of one of her dominant performances at the bottom. 

Anyway a lot of people want to stay away from the Preakness this year because of all the BS and I understand that but there's a ton of other good racing this weekend, a lot to look forward to. 

Preakness:

POST HORSE TRAINER / JOCKEY ML ODDS
1 Ram D. Wayne Lukas / Ricardo Santana Jr. 30-1
2 Keepmeinmind Robertino Diodoro / David Cohen 15-1
3 Medina Spirit Bob Baffert / John Velazquez 9-5
4 Crowded Trade Chad Brown / Javier Castellano 10-1
5 Midnight Bourbon Steve Asmussen / Irad Ortiz Jr. 5-1
6 Rombauer Michael McCarthy / Flavien Prat 12-1
7 France Go de Ina Hideyuki Mori / Joel Rosario 20-1
8 Unbridled Honor Todd Pletcher / Luis Saez 15-1
9 Risk Taking Chad Brown / Jose Ortiz 15-1
10 Concert Tour Bob Baffert / Mike Smith 5-2

5 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

NYRA coming down hard on the trainers now. Baffert suspended from running their tracks and Linda Rice got her trainers license revoked for 3 years and a hefty $50,000 fine.

Either don't have the rules in the first place or enforce the ones you have on the books.  Baffert was rolling the dice and counting on a slap on the wrist at worst if he got caught.

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

Either don't have the rules in the first place or enforce the ones you have on the books.  Baffert was rolling the dice and counting on a slap on the wrist at worst if he got caught.

Well the problem is that Baffert has been getting away with slaps on the wrist for years. We need a committee of representatives from each track/circuit to come together to create a central governing body that can make decisions  and punishments on these issues. Sport has to clean itself up.