Tom Brady Roast on Netflix [merged]

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-to-be-roasted-on-netflix-bill-belichick-and-rob-gronkowski-among-group-expected-to-roast-retired-qb/

Tom Brady to be roasted on Netflix: Bill Belichick and Rob Gronkowski among group expected to roast retired QB

Kevin Hart will host, but no announcement yet on who will be roasting Brady

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:00 pm ET2 min read

Tom Brady made plenty of history on the field during his NFL career, and now, it looks like he's going to be making some history off the field. 

The seven-time Super Bowl winner is going to be the subject of a roast on Netflix next month in what the streaming company is calling "The Greatest Roast of All-Time." The difference between this roast and other roasts is that it will be airing live and uncensored, which will make it the first time in history that a roast has aired live and unedited on television or streaming, according to Netflix. 

Here's what you need to know: 

• Time: 8 p.m. ET
  • Date: Sunday, May 5
  • Streamer: Netflix

Although Netflix hasn't announced the full list of people who will be roasting Brady, several names have been leaked out. Randy Moss, Julian Edelman, Drew Bledsoe and Rob Gronkowski will all be their to roast their former quarterback, according to ESPN.com. Former Patriots coach Bill Belichick is also expected to be roasting Brady, according to NFL.com. That should be fun to watch. 

Netflix has also revealed that Kevin Hart will serve as the host.

The Greatest Roast of All Time: Tom Brady will be LIVE on Netflix on May 5 at 8pm ET / 5pm PT.

Hosted by Kevin Hart with an all-star lineup of surprise roasters. No Brady Rule. No Pads. No Mercy. #TomBradyRoast pic.twitter.com/52ql1QvdV2

— Netflix (@netflix) April 22, 2024

It's also worth noting that Jeff Ross is producing -- and he appears in the trailer above -- so it obviously won't be surprising if he takes part in the roast. The special will include "a surprise team of roasters from the comedy, sports and entertainment world," so you can expect a lot of people to be making fun of Brady. 

"I played in the NFL, so I'm not worried about a bunch of comedians, trust me," Brady said Monday during an interview with TODAY

If you want the full list of names of who will be roasting Brady, you'll have to watch the show because Netflix is keeping most of it under wraps so that it's a surprise for Brady when he takes the stage on May 5. 

You can actually attend the roast with tickets still being sold for as low as $89.50 on Ticketmaster

The roast is a part of Netflix's annual "Netflix Is A Joke Fest," which will be running from May 2 thru 12 this year. According to the Hollywood Reporter, several huge comedy names are expected to take part in the comedy fest (but not necessarily the Brady roast), including Chris Rock, Ali Wong, John Mulaney, Chelsea Handler, Bert Kreisher, Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Tom Segura and Matt Rife.

11 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Don Rickles was epic on those roasts! 

He was the greatest

And Greg Giraldo was basically his torch bearer.

Giraldo on the Flavor Flav roast was some of the funniest sh*t I’ve seen in the last 20+ years.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Have you seen the ads for this? Brady looks like a botoxed creep with a very weird hairdo. This along with the even more cringy Hertz ad only show that Brady is fast becoming a sideshow freak.

He's been freakish all along, I think it was just easy for if to be veiled when Gisele was in the picture. Now he’s on full display as a vain, petty guy that drips with insincerity.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The roast was pretty non PC so I gotta think Brady was joking here. Some hits and misses but overall was better than I thought it was going to be.

Will Farrell isn't funny at all, neither the midget. Ross should have MC'd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to Fox trying to squeeze even an ounce of charm or personality from this stone dead piece of mush veal they signed for $375 million to call games sight unseen. 

I think he’s going to be good on TV. 

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Good luck to Fox trying to squeeze even an ounce of charm or personality from this stone dead piece of mush veal they signed for $375 million to call games sight unseen. 

It’s unreal they threw the bag at him - he’s soulless plastic. Probably could have gotten Jason Kelce for half the money and twice the on-air talent. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Kevin Hart sucks hard.

Tom’s face looks like a cheap plastic creepy clown mask.

5-min in and I’m struggling to watch. It’s so bad.

seriously? keep watching its hilarious.

• Upvote 2

• slats changed the title to Tom Brady Roast on Netflix [merged]