Dolphins: Adams visits, expects offer

Smizzy

Dolphins: Adams visits, expects offer

March 8, 2006 6:48 PM ET

The News

Defensive tackle Sam Adams met with Dolphins officials on Wednesday and agent Angelo Wright said he expects to receive an offer in the near future, the Associated Press reported.

Our View

Adams, 32, is a three-time Pro-Bowler and one of the best run-stuffing defensive lineman in the NFL. He was scheduled to make $2.75 million next season before being released by the Bills and is likely seeking similar money as a free agent.

My friend in FL told me Adams will be a dolphin by friday morning. thoughts?

Not cool.

Miami needed a big run stuffing DT in the middle of that line and it appears they're going to get him. I really like Sam Adams and I wish we could get him but him going to Miami really really just annoys me.

It seemed to me that Adams slipped big time last year. The Phags signing him doesn't really bother me. I'd rather have Grady Jackson.

Only probably with Jackson is that he's seeking $5 mill a year...don't really know if Mangini & Co. would dish out that much to a guy whose had a history of under achieving.

The ONE big FA the Jets should get is Ma'ake Kemoeatu, from Baltimore. 27 years old, 6'5", 350. He won't be cheap, but makes the 3-4 viable with just his addition. Let Miami keep getting these FA's on the wrong side of thirty.... we'll be young for a long time.

Kemoeatu is my #1 FA. Guy is built to run the 3-4 and young.

Dolphins | Adams has interest

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:24:09 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports free agent DT Sam Adams (Bills) concluded a two-day visit with the Miami Dolphins on Wednesday, March 8. "(Adams) did like the trip and is interested," said Adams' agent, Angelo Wright. "He felt the team has a strong commitment to winning, which is attractive to him."

Archived