Lions | Bradford signed to four-year deal

Smizzy

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:22:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Detroit Lions have signed free agent WR Corey Bradford (Texans) to a four-year, $7.4 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus.

LOL...How much do they have invested in the WR position?

Could this be a move posturing them to move one of their other wideouts? Say with a 2nd round pick for Abe? Just throwing it out there.

Personally, I wouldn't take that trade. I, above all, want a first round pick for Abe. That and you want a pot head who's one mistake away for being done for a whole season, a WR who makes more mistakes than big plays, or a WR who can't run a proper route? Granted, the entire offense for the Lions sucked last year, but it took a collective team effort to suck that much... and that includes their WR's. Yes, they have all the talent in the world, but it's not about talent, but about drive and work ethic, on this level. Though... if Roy Williams were to come here (NYC) and learn from Coles, he'll blow up. Roy's big thing is that he has no one to learn from. That was going to be Issac Bruce, but apparently, that wasn't in the cards. Now they've got Corey Bradford, who will be their number four receiver (or should be, behind Roy, Chuck, and BMW). I dunno, but the name Corey Bradford doesn't inspire anything, let alone a teacher to learn from.

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:22:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Detroit Lions have signed free agent WR Corey Bradford (Texans) to a four-year, $7.4 million contract that includes a $2 million signing bonus.

Not that much for a veteran WR

Way too much for a guy to be their 4th or 5th option.

They have Roy and Mike Williams Charles Rogers and the kid Vines who was 3rd on the depth chart last year and looked really good.

Either they are dropping Rogers or they are stupid. Possibly both

Archived