Most versatile player in the 2023 draft?

AFJF

Have had a lot of fun watching Virginia WR Keytaon Thompson.  He started out his career at QB for Mississippi State and moved to WR and transferred to Virginia.  At Virginia I've watched a handful of games and seen him line up just about everywhere but O-line.  Not just a gimmick guy either.  He had just under 1,000 yds receiving last year and topped 200 yds rushing. 

We talking strictly offensive skills versatility?  Or we talking Defensive?  QB's?  Feel like I need more to comment but in general, I don think there is a question about college Football that starts with who's the "most" that doesnt end with Will Anderson Jr.  lol 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

We talking strictly offensive skills versatility?  Or we talking Defensive?  QB's?  Feel like I need more to comment but in general, I don think there is a question about college Football that starts with who's the "most" that doesnt end with Will Anderson Jr.  lol 

I'm talking about how many different positions a guy plays.  Have seen Thompson play every spot except OL.

21 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm talking about how many different positions a guy plays.  Have seen Thompson play every spot except OL.

True.  Brock Bowers, the TE for Georgia comes to mind.  He's lined up at WR, TE, RB, HB, etc.  He's not a former QB but pretty sure he played both ways in HS

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

True.  Brock Bowers, the TE for Georgia comes to mind.  He's lined up at WR, TE, RB, HB, etc.  He's not a former QB but pretty sure he played both ways in HS

That dude is a monster.

On 7/25/2022 at 11:15 AM, AFJF said:

Have had a lot of fun watching Virginia WR Keytaon Thompson.  He started out his career at QB for Mississippi State and moved to WR and transferred to Virginia.  At Virginia I've watched a handful of games and seen him line up just about everywhere but O-line.  Not just a gimmick guy either.  He had just under 1,000 yds receiving last year and topped 200 yds rushing. 

His name is generating some buzz in Twitter gallows of draft gurus. I think the program will have more eyes on them this year with the QB looking like strong finish in his senior year. 

Also means everyone’s gonna wind up forcefully reminded who Lavel Davis is, annoyingly. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

His name is generating some buzz in Twitter gallows of draft gurus. I think the program will have more eyes on them this year with the QB looking like strong finish in his senior year. 

Also means everyone’s gonna wind up forcefully reminded who Lavel Davis is, annoyingly. 

Watched NC State vs Virginia a few months back to get another look at Payton Wilson and Davis jumped out at me (how can he not at 6' 7'').  Hoping to watch plenty of Virginia football this year.

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Watched NC State vs Virginia a few months back to get another look at Payton Wilson and Davis jumped out at me (how can he not at 6' 7'').  Hoping to watch plenty of Virginia football this year.

Dontavion Wicks isn't bad either.

27 minutes ago, derp said:

Dontavion Wicks isn't bad either.

Was telling somebody about him the other day.  Wicks and Thompson were the main reason I was watching a few Virginia games the other day.

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Was that his big highlight for the day?  lol

I was just looking at the boxscore stuff, did they only play him at WR?  No RB?  No kick returns? 

Didn't watch the game yet.  Just saw Nagy tweet about his back story and versatility so threw it on here.

On 9/4/2022 at 12:32 PM, JiFapono said:

Was that his big highlight for the day?  lol

I was just looking at the boxscore stuff, did they only play him at WR?  No RB?  No kick returns? 

A few minutes left in the second quarter and not only has he not seen a target, I haven't noticed him on the field at all.

New head coach.  New QB.  Maybe they're not fans?

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 6:25 PM, JiFapono said:

I would trade picks now to add picks in two years to have the ammo to move up and get him.  He's gonna' be so good.

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:15 PM, AFJF said:

Heard some talk about VA today and it seems that despite losing no real impact players, their offense has been trash this year.  Apparently, the OC who had so much success last season is no longer with the team and the new guy isn't doing so hot.  This offense looks nowhere near as good as it did last year.