NFL | D. Williams' Pro Day results

Smizzy

NFL | D. Williams' Pro Day results

Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:29:52 -0800

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams measured 5-9 and weighed 207 pounds at his Pro Day workout Friday, March 24. He had an exceptional workout. He ran his 40s in 4.40 seconds (with the wind) and 4.48 (against). He was wearing nubs, and he ran outdoors on a rubber track. He also ran the short shuttle in 4.10, the three-cone drill in 6.57 and the long shuttle in 10.61. In addition, he had a 34

Explain to me why FOOTBALL players are running on rubber tracks?

Last I checked, the game is played on FieldTurf or Grass. I frankly don't care what they can run with track shoes on on a track. I want to see what they run on a FOOTBALL FIELD.

We put WAY too much stock into these numbers, and this is why, in my opinion, the # of busts that come out of the first round are high (high meaning not the 5% it should be).

Explain to me why FOOTBALL players are running on rubber tracks?

Last I checked, the game is played on FieldTurf or Grass. I frankly don't care what they can run with track shoes on on a track. I want to see what they run on a FOOTBALL FIELD.

We put WAY too much stock into these numbers, and this is why, in my opinion, the # of busts that come out of the first round are high (high meaning not the 5% it should be).

Yep, they do it to try and throw the scouts off IMO. It's all about positioning yourself for the higher reward come draft day. A good scout will sift through that kind of stuff pretty fast though.

Archived