Titans | Team definitely impressed with Leinart

Titans | Team definitely impressed with Leinart

Tue, 4 Apr 2006 06:32:07 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans walked away from two days of visiting with USC QB Matt Leinart "definitely impressed" by the quarterback. They worked him out Monday, April 3, and then had dinner with him and his family Monday evening. "Matt's very bright, which we expected,'' general manager Floyd Reese said. "I think he has a real passion for the game, which is very, very important. And it seems like he has his priorities pretty well squared away, and that is very important, too. On top of that he's a very talented quarterback. I'd say we were definitely impressed.'' They spent three hours watching film and going over plays with him on the chalkboard in a meeting room on the USC campus. Then they headed to the same practice field where Leinart showed his arm strength and mobility to NFL scouts at his Pro Day workout Sunday, April 2. As for the practice field, all indications were that Leinart threw better Monday than he did on Sunday. The Titans didn't ask Leinart to run the 40-yard dash. Reese said the Titans plan to have Leinart visit Tennessee soon as well.

Oh Johnny Geek Clayton...

YOU GOT SOME EXPLAIN' TO DO!

nothing would make me happier than Leinart to the Titans - that means Cutler, Ngata and either Mario/Brick would be on the board at 4 - nice!

bit,,

do u see mangini thinkin mario would project to a 3-4 OLB in mold of LT,,

in other words,,LT always lined up on def line in standup position,, he lined up on other side of the TE to maximize rush,,he very rarely went into pass coverage,,i remember hearin Parcells sayin that LT actually was more a DE than a LB,,

bit,,

do u see mangini thinkin mario would project to a 3-4 OLB in mold of LT,,

in other words,,LT always lined up on def line in standup position,, he lined up on other side of the TE to maximize rush,,he very rarely went into pass coverage,,i remember hearin Parcells sayin that LT actually was more a DE than a LB,,

I know you did not ask me but I think Mario is more of a Bruce Smith/Reggie White DE. Smith played DE in the 3-4 and was very productive. Reggie White did not but could have. He is also similar to R Seymour although maybe a bit more athletic. LT had trouble in coverage against certain TE's. He was a great, great pass rushing OLB but not an all around OLB. Also LT listed at around 6-3 245.

the guy is fast but he's also 290 i'd put his hand on the turf and have him rush out of a stance - more 3-4 DE than 3-4OLB

there are a ton of interesting 3-4 pass rushing OLB in this draft including Lawson, Carpenter, Ryan Lacasse etc.

to be honest i am not a huge Mario fan. Obviously the guy is a sick athlete but has anyone ever seen him take over a game by himself? I haven't - seems like alot of coverage sacks etc.

Archived