lost wallet

i lost my wallet today. i had everything in it. i stopped off at a newsstand to pick up some stuff and then went to get Chinese food. you can imagine the look on my face when i reached into my pocket and found nothing. i went back to the newsstand and ripped my car apart and found nothing.

when i got home i canceled all my cards.

about 9pm tonight i get a knock on my door and a pretty young women had my wallet. she said he boyfriend found it by the newsstand. i was so happy. i had 80 dollars in it and it all was still there. i never carry money but i was getting sick of that 4-5% card charge they keep doing at the Chinese take out and other places that i took out money. that sh*t adds up when you use it every day.

i gave her 60 dollars. that was 75% of the money i had in there. was that good? what would you give? 

i cant help but think that they are disappointed because they could have just kept it and had the whole 80 bucks. and they did save me from getting a new Drivers license and work ID which is a real pain to get. 

just wondering if you guys lost a wallet or returned one what was the money situation. they actually are lucky because i never keep money and if this happened yesterday i wouldn't have any to give them.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, doitny said:

i lost my wallet today. i had everything in it. i stopped off at a newsstand to pick up some stuff and then went to get Chinese food. you can imagine the look on my face when i reached into my pocket and found nothing. i went back to the newsstand and ripped my car apart and found nothing.

about 9pm tonight i get a knock on my door and a pretty young women had my wallet. she said he boyfriend found it by the newsstand. i was so happy. i had 80 dollars in it and it all was still there. i never carry money but i was getting sick of that 4-5% card charge they keep doing at the Chinese take out and other places that i took out money. that sh*t adds up when you use it every day.

i gave her 60 dollars. that was 75% of the money i had in there. was that good? what would you give? 

i cant help but think that they are disappointed because they could have just kept it and had the whole 80 bucks. and they did save me from getting a new Drivers license and work ID which is a real pain to get. 

just wondering if you guys lost a wallet or returned one what was the money situation. they actually are lucky because i never keep money and if this happened yesterday i wouldn't have any to give them.

I dont think they returned your wallet expecting anything in return and I'm sure appreciate your gesture.  Seems like 2 people trying to do right in the world which is awesome, we need more of that and I think you showed your appreciation by offering anything in return.  I've returned wallets before, there was cash in them and I didnt even count how much...so it's possible they didnt either considering they did the what they did.

Did you happen to get their names?  I dont have social media so I dont know how that stuff works but I'm wondering if a post or something like that sharing the story and trying to find them would be cool? 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

You should go play LOTTO today . You are VERY lucky to get that wallet back .

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I dont think they returned your wallet expecting anything in return and I'm sure appreciate your gesture.  Seems like 2 people trying to do right in the world which is awesome, we need more of that and I think you showed your appreciation by offering anything in return.  I've returned wallets before, there was cash in them and I didnt even count how much...so it's possible they didnt either considering they did the what they did.

Did you happen to get their names?  I dont have social media so I dont know how that stuff works but I'm wondering if a post or something like that sharing the story and trying to find them would be cool? 

no i didnt get there names. i wanted to talk to the girl more cause she was cute but she had her boyfriend in the car. but i am a regular at that newsstand and i went back there to see if i lost it in the store so the guy there knows i lost it. if they go there maybe i could find them again. but i did give them 60 bucks so i think im done my part in thanking them.

but yeah that was extremely nice of them to do that. i was just curious if that was too much or too little of a tip. 

yeah i stopped doing the social media stuff. never was really into it anyway. an ex girlfriend made me get a Facebook page a long time ago. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

You should go play LOTTO today . You are VERY lucky to get that wallet back .

your right man. its a real sh*tty feeling to lose your wallet. im definitely playing tonight.

9 hours ago, doitny said:

Giving them $60 was more than fair. Personally, I wouldn't have accepted the money if I was the one who found your wallet. I'm glad you got it back.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, doitny said:

I doubt if they were nice enough to find you and return it they’d expect anything. Great to hear though. Losing a wallet or phone is a pain in the ass. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, doitny said:

That was very nice of you. She didn't return it for the $ but I am sure she appreciated that.

Similar story that @T0mShane posted once. He had $40 in the wallet but then he told the girl her "reward" was the $600 he left on the nightstand in the bedroom.  

• Haha 3