1JD flight 24 third episode tonight

11 hours ago, Larz said:

Cool episode.  

The cool kids are contractually obliged to say “they all say that “ but if you look at Fashanu saying that the jets were his top choice and can’t see the genuine joy in his heart I actually feel bad for you lol. 

the war room stuff was interesting. JD lists off the 3 players they wanted after trading back and he got all 3.  Who knows if they will be any good but he has a plan and executed it. 

wow this staff loves stiggers.  I mean they love him. Ulbrich and others got emotional talking about him 

Rodgers:  ” We need to give them (us) a reason to believe.  I think we will “

New York Jets Fan GIF

The round 5 stuff was very interesting - Jets wanted Jordan Travis, Isaiah Davis and 'Tez Stiggers and were pumped to get all three.

Lots of voices for Davis in the 5th, even after picking Allen in round 4, which was surprising. The Jets obviously think very highly of Davis. Lots of people in the building clearly loved Stiggers too - Ulbrich seemed genuinely delighted to get him as "his" top pick for the D.

The Jaylen Key bit was pretty funny. No behind the scences stuff or build up from the draft room. so it looks like the story about the Jets draft board being essentially empty at that point was true. They probably couldn't show the build-up because they didn't want to show that Key basically wasn't on their board, and they had to scramble to come up with a name for the Mr Irrelevant pick.  Ironically, I think they actually did pretty well there - I believe Key has something, and could push for a spot on the team as the 4th Safety.

As to Olu?  Such a terrific kid, who is clearly absolutely delighted to be a Jet.  Great to see.

• Upvote 3