Predicting the future of *EVERY* NFL Stadium

16 hours ago, y2k8 said:

MetLife Stadium is what happens when you have 2 ownership groups that can't stand one another with very different visions about what they wanted their new stadium to be. 

The design was the result of compromise guaranteed to make no one happy.

As much as I despise woody he asked for a retractable roof and the classy Maras said no

Unfortunately I don’t see how another football stadium in the NY/NJ area gets built ever again.  Maybe Woody and Rutgers partner up to build a new stadium in Piscataway that is shared by the Jets and RU but that’s far fetched and jets fans in LI and Queens/Brooklyn would inevitably b tch even though New Brunswick is just a couple more train stops down the NE corridor line

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I can understand this ... And some guys ...the psls are grains of sand in their hourglass bank accounts.

But for the other 99.9%. .. we feel like it's a bit steep of a price to pay ... Like dying of thirst in the desert and having to buy the last bottle of Poland spring for $5000. I guess the bottle woukd be worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It is a lot of money and I am nit in the grains of hourglass group

my only point was for me it was never considered an investment and I think most who did buy psl’s feel the same

we all know who coined the phrase psl gold investment and he did so knowing he continually got a  rise out of a lot of people

it is a vig and an expensive one at that

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

As much as I despise woody he asked for a retractable roof and the classy Maras said no

Unfortunately I don’t see how another football stadium in the NY/NJ area gets built ever again.  Maybe Woody and Rutgers partner up to build a new stadium in Piscataway that is shared by the Jets and RU but that’s far fetched and jets fans in LI and Queens/Brooklyn would inevitably b tch even though New Brunswick is just a couple more train stops down the NE corridor line

Florham Park is what ties the Jets to New Jersey - not MetLife or any future stadium.