What Impact Will AR Achilles Injury Have?

What Impact Will AR Achilles Injury Have?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, What Impact Will AR Achilles Injury Have?

• Minimal Impact: The injury will have little to no effect on his return and performance.
    • Moderate Impact: The injury will cause some challenges, but he will make a strong return with minor performance issues.
    • Significant Impact: The injury will significantly affect his return, leading to noticeable performance declines and possible extended recovery time.
    • Severe Impact: The injury will severely hinder his ability to return and perform at a high level, with potential long-term consequences.
    • Career-Ending Impact: The injury will prevent him from returning to the game at all, effectively ending his career.
  2. 2. Which Injury Will Have More Impact On His Play?

• Thumb Injury - The impact of the injury on his play during the 2022 season
    • Achilles Injury - The impact of the injury on his play during the 2024 season
  3. 3. How Rusty Will He Be After A Year Off?

• No Rust: Shows no signs of rust and performs as if he never left.
    • Slight Rust: Has minor rust but quickly shakes it off and returns to form by the second half of week 1
    • Moderate Rust: Displays a noticeable amount of rust, requiring a few games to get back to his usual performance level.
    • Considerable Rust: Significant rust, impacting his performance for an extended period.
    • Severe Rust: Severely affects his play, raising concerns about his ability to return to his previous level.

I think he’s going take a lot more sacks than we’re used to seeing, which will result in other injuries. I keep seeing people explain away his injury by saying he’s a “pocket passer,” but that’s not entirely true. He’s only 6’2” and uses a lot of movement in the pocket to get himself in position to throw. Even if he loses a little bit of that ability to make explosive lateral steps to avoid traffic, that’s going to result in a lot more hits. And given that he’s playing behind a reconstructed OL that won’t have a lot of time together to gel, it’s definitely something to watch early on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he’s going take a lot more sacks than we’re used to seeing, which will result in other injuries. I keep seeing people explain away his injury by saying he’s a “pocket passer,” but that’s not entirely true. He’s only 6’2” and uses a lot of movement in the pocket to get himself in position to throw. Even if he loses a little bit of that ability to make explosive lateral steps to avoid traffic, that’s going to result in a lot more hits. And given that he’s playing behind a reconstructed OL that won’t have a lot of time together to gel, it’s definitely something to watch early on. 

I vote @T0mShane for captain!

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

C5579651-1BD5-4EFA-9944-02E063B57610.jpeg

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gerry McNamara won that chip for Syracuse

Melo was 3 assists from a triple double in the Champ game.  20, 10, 7.

McNamara had 0 rebs and 1 assist and less pts and didnt score a single point inside the 3 point line, not even a free throw.

Do you get anything right?  Ever? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Melo was 3 assists from a triple double in the Champ game.  20, 10, 7.

McNamara had 0 rebs and 1 assist and less pts and didnt score a single point inside the 3 point line, not even a free throw.

Do you get anything right?  Ever? 

He went 6-10 from three and scored 18 points. I lived in Syracuse at the time. McNamara was the spiritual leader of that team. The Finger Lakes region is a hotbed of White Supremacist ideology. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He went 6-10 from three and scored 18 points. I lived in Syracuse at the time. McNamara was the spiritual leader of that team. The Finger Lakes region is a hotbed of White Supremacist ideology. 

OMG the crap you choose to spew sometimes. 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh wow, Melo was 3 for 5 from 3…so he had the same 3pt shooting % too?  Neat, didn’t know that!  Wow!  Thanks Tom!  

10 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Oh wow, Melo was 3 for 5 from 3…so he had the same 3pt shooting % too?  Neat, didn’t know that!  Wow!  Thanks Tom!  

What? Melo went 4 for 11 from two in that game. Shot a whopping four free throws. He got locked up by Keith Langford. 

• Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What? Melo went 4 for 11 from two in that game. Shot a whopping four free throws. He got locked up by Keith Langford. 

You brought up 3 point shooting.  Melo had the same 3 point shooting percentage.  Gerry was 0 for from 2 land and shot zero free throws.  He provided 0 Rebs and 1 assist.  Melo lead both teams in scoring and assists, led his team in rebounds with a double double.  He was 3 assists from a triple double.  Yet in your world, Gerry was the real MVP?

Take your L like a man for once. 

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

You brought up 3 point shooting.  Melo had the same 3 point shooting percentage.  Gerry was 0 for from 2 land and shot zero free throws.  He provided 0 Rebs and 1 assist.  Melo lead both teams in scoring and assists, led his team in rebounds with a double double.  He was 3 assists from a triple double.  Yet in your world, Gerry was the real MVP?

Take your L like a man for once. 

¿Porque? YOU were the one who offered up that deranged word salad “McNamara didn’t score a point inside the three point line” garbage! 

• Thumb Down 1