Joe Douglas moving heaven and earth to draft Malachi Corley

Matt39

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

The average career length of a 1st rounder is 8 years vs three years for third rounders.

The draft is a crapshoot - they’re all flyers with varying degrees of risk.

Not how the word is used in common parlance but do you 👍 

I'm not sure I'm reading this right. So, we're saying JD "moved heaven and earth", to draft a player he loved, and said player doesn't see the field?

No. Just, no. I can't, and won't believe this. I can't picture Douglas doing that. Everyone knows Joe saves such scenarios for his first round picks. To even suggest that he did it in the 3rd round is just blasphemy. 

Should be ashamed of yourselves for posting such blatantly fake news. What's next? You're going to try to claim that he isn't a GOAT in trades. Some craziness like, "Joe sacrifices valuble future assets in a foolish trade for a 1 year window of making the wildcard for the sake of saving his job after the QB he drafted 2nd overall was an epic bust". Or, "Joe is so disgustingly inept that he let his own highly productive pass rusher walk for nothing and spent draft capital trading for his replacement without having a clue what kind of contract he was going to demand... After having just wasted a 1st round pick on the same position but said 1st round pick couldnt make it onto the field" 

Its almost like some of you are trying to insinuate that JD is a garbage GM that should have been fired years ago. 🙄 This place is just ridiculous.