Rick Peterson: Genious or Idiot?

BigJermaineFromQnz

I've heard a lot of guys say bad stuff about him for a couple of years now... Mainly that they think he's running the show behind the scenes or whatever... that he wanted the Kazmir trade and also wanted the Seo trade to go through because of personal preference...

but at the same time you have to look at our pitching and wonder why they seem to come up on the "upside" usually. Bannister has been looking great even with his fastball topping out at 85... Glavine has gotten a more rounded repertoire since he's been here, and Trachtor has been looking decent...

I mean, It seems like he is really doing a very good job, I dont know why I still hear him being hated on now and then...

I've heard a lot of guys say bad stuff about him for a couple of years now... Mainly that they think he's running the show behind the scenes or whatever... that he wanted the Kazmir trade and also wanted the Seo trade to go through because of personal preference...

but at the same time you have to look at our pitching and wonder why they seem to come up on the "upside" usually. Bannister has been looking great even with his fastball topping out at 85... Glavine has gotten a more rounded repertoire since he's been here, and Trachtor has been looking decent...

I mean, It seems like he is really doing a very good job, I dont know why I still hear him being hated on now and then...

Two reasons:

Victor and Zambrano

Peterson has his track record in Oakland in developing pitchers- to expect every one to be a success is being unrealistic

Zambrano was a bad trade- this is old news - most Met fans did not like it then or now that I know

Archived