At least Ulbrich is all business

1 hour ago, doitny said:

since we havent named a DC yet i assume Ulrich will handle both DC and HC. 

Why would you assume this? He said he didn't know what he was going to do yesterday and I don't think he speaks again until Friday? 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

In 2018, Sports Illustrated found that only 16 of 87 interim coaches since 1960 managed a winning record in their interim stint and only two of those teams made the playoffs.

historically this does not work. if Woody wants to make the playoffs odds are he just killed it for us.

Historically, Saleh doesn't work, either. He's 20-36. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I HATED the motto "AGNB". It was stupid. It IS stupid. It is meaningless. At least for a few minutes, "Play Like a Jet" was kinda cool and meant something. 

I like Ulbrichs breakdown for the Senior Bowl... "KILL on 3!" LOL Reminded me of the Infantry. Good times...

AGNB wouldn't be too bad if Saleh didn't ride the break during his entire tenure. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Saleh was a top DC in SF. its crazy to think he doesnt have a heavy hand in the defense. thats Andy Reids offense in KC not the OCs. its McKays offense not MLF in LA.

my biggest problem with this is we just made our team weaker not better.

since we havent named a DC yet i assume Ulrich will handle both DC and HC. if this is true then how the hell will he have time to do the defense AND try to fix the offensive problems? we are a coach short now. even if he names a DC someone will have to do 2 positions on the coaching staff. 

we are battling for 1st place in week 6 and we now have to shuffle the defense coaches. thats not helpful.

In 2018, Sports Illustrated found that only 16 of 87 interim coaches since 1960 managed a winning record in their interim stint and only two of those teams made the playoffs.

historically this does not work. if Woody wants to make the playoffs odds are he just killed it for us.

Those guys call plays. If Saleh held some unbelievable value around the defense he would be respected and not fired.

To your second point, how many coaches have been fired week 5 with the intention of making the playoffs? We are in a very unique situation.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

To your second point, how many coaches have been fired week 5 with the intention of making the playoffs? We are in a very unique situation

Woody identified an issue, that if we really want to make the playoffs and not squander the chances, he needed to make bold change and take a chance on a spark the team clearly needs. I like it. I will never blame anyone for at least TRYING to win. Something we haven't done in over a decade easy.

• Upvote 1