3 games in 11 days, again

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If you go through it as a non biased observer they are not sucking.

They are 3 plays away from 5-1

And yes I think if they got a little more rest maybe just 1 Thursday/Monday game instead of 3 and playing in London and 3 games 10 days would probably mean a 4-2 Jets team at worst.

Only upside is that it got rid of the cheerleader Saleh.

They were also gifted the Titans game.  I could just as easily make a case we deserve to be 1-5.

Bad teams always tend to come 2-3 plays short.  Thats how the NFL tends to work - most of the games are close.  

Oh, and our BEST game of the season was on 4 days rest, with the worst one coming on 10 days rest, so….

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

If you go through it as a non biased observer they are not sucking.

They are 3 plays away from 5-1

And yes I think if they got a little more rest maybe just 1 Thursday/Monday game instead of 3 and playing in London and 3 games 10 days would probably mean a 4-2 Jets team at worst.

Only upside is that it got rid of the cheerleader Saleh.

Alright not sucking but decidedly mediocre so far this year, although I was talking much more broadly 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They were also gifted the Titans game.  I could just as easily make a case we deserve to be 1-5.

Bad teams always tend to come 2-3 plays short.  Thats how the NFL tends to work - most of the games are close.  

Oh, and our BEST game of the season was on 4 days rest, with the worst one coming on 10 days rest, so….

How were they gifted the tenessee game? Because Levi’s fumbled? Did you forget the two phantom penalties that allowed Tennessee to get the ball down there in the first place? How about the miraculous TD that should have been an interception? 

in my 30 years watching this team I have never seen a three game stretch where they have simply given games away with simple self controlled errors

denver: 1st and goal from 1, missed FG 

Vikings: Quincy tripping, sauce drop, Lazard drop, missing open Wilson 

Bills: easy TD hitting defender in helmet, bs hold takes away TD, Wilson drop, two missed FG

have they played well or even to their potential? Absolutely not, should they have won the last three games? Absolutely yes 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

How were they gifted the tenessee game? Because Levi’s fumbled? Did you forget the two phantom penalties that allowed Tennessee to get the ball down there in the first place? How about the miraculous TD that should have been an interception? 

in my 30 years watching this team I have never seen a three game stretch where they have simply given games away with simple self controlled errors

Bills: easy TD hitting defender in helmet, bs hold takes away TD, Wilson drop, two missed FG

have they played well or even to their potential? Absolutely not, should they have won the last three games? Absolutely yes 

Yawn. They’re 2-4 after the “5-1” portion of their schedule. Up next? Steelers in Pittsburgh.

This Is Fine GIF

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

All these things you describe are things bad teams do.  Yet you’re offering them up as mere bad luck.

• Upvote 3

This team needs to find some way to play SEMI clean football in Pittsburgh.  Protect Rodgers from Watt and come out guns blazing to Adams & Wilson.  Let the pass open up the run.  Hopefully Russell Wilson is rusty/still mediocre.

The season is one 3rd over.  Plenty of games left to play with tons of mediocre teams out there.  Jets are 1 game out of the wildcard with 11 games to fix it.  I am usually a pessimistic, realistic fan, but I think the offense can keep growing.  I don't think the pass rush/run defense will improve much.  But now when the offense is stalling in the redzone, they'll look to Adams.  Miscommunication has been a huge issue, and having Adams, Wilson & Lazard should fix most of it.

6 games in with everyone healthy, the OL has to show something.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I almost got banned for bringing this up during the schedule release.

I bet you’re leaving out some details of that story lol 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All these things you describe are things bad teams do.  Yet you’re offering them up as mere bad luck.

Somehow each successive generation of homers gets even more aggressively wrong than the last 

• Upvote 2