Earth to Jets: Draft Leinart!

nj meadowlands

Jugde as usual is wrong.Leinart has way too many questions to take a 4. If you take a QB that high and the questions about his arm are true then your franchise is screwed for 6 years or more look how long it took the chargers after leaf.... You go with the player that you know will be a sure thing to be an NFL star for the next 10 years and those guys are Mario Williams or Dbrickashaw Furgeson.

Sweet mother of Joe Montana, can someone explain to me what all this arm fluff is about?

"Strong arm" is to football QBs what "100 mph fastball" is to starting pitchers. It's cool. It's a great tool to have, but it's massively overrated.

Give me a 93 mph fastball with control over a 100 mph fastball any day.

Leinart doesn't have a great arm but in the games I've watched his arm looked perfectly good to me. Decent zip on his passes. He doesn't have a cannon but so ****ing what.... reads defenses well, not prone to error, efficient passer.... I mean the Brady comparison can easily be overblown, but it's there. And I'm NOT saying that because of his fugging win rate. Citing QB win rates for guys who play at elite locales like USC or Miami is a joke.

It amazes me that everyone seems to be talking themselves out of Leinart in this draft. I realize that I'm going against Gods Own Draft Website (and I'm not being b*tchy or sarcastic, I'm paying a compliment) by saying this but... Leinart seems to me to so obviously be the best pocket QB on the board that it isn't even funny. Yes Cutler did Yeoman's work for motherf*ck*ng Vandy, and yes, that's impressive. But he's not nearly as comfortable a pick as Leinart, and to be honest I don't buy the Favre business....

Young--- maybe he's better than Leinart. Who knows. It's a scary/exhilirating roll of the dice for whoever takes him.... which is why Leinart is the obvious pick.

Did I miss a Leinart arm injury or something? I'm sure I look foolish, somebody tell me which memo I missed.

I'll be much happier if the Jets end up with Cutler than if they end up with Leinart.

Sweet mother of Joe Montana, can someone explain to me what all this arm fluff is about?

"Strong arm" is to football QBs what "100 mph fastball" is to starting pitchers. It's cool. It's a great tool to have, but it's massively overrated.

Leinart doesn't have a great arm but in the games I've watched his arm looked perfectly good to me. Decent zip on his passes. He doesn't have a cannon but so ****ing what.... reads defenses well, not prone to error, efficient passer.... I mean the Brady comparison can easily be overblown, but it's there. And I'm NOT saying that because of his fugging win rate. Citing QB win rates for guys who play at elite locales like USC or Miami is a joke.

It amazes me that everyone seems to be talking themselves out of Leinart in this draft. I realize that I'm going against Gods Own Draft Website (and I'm not being b*tchy or sarcastic, I'm paying a compliment) by saying this but... Leinart seems to me to so obviously be the best pocket QB on the board that it isn't even funny. Yes Cutler did Yeoman's work for motherf*ck*ng Vandy, and yes, that's impressive. But he's not nearly as comfortable a pick as Leinart, and to be honest I don't buy the Favre business....

Young--- maybe he's better than Leinart. Who knows. It's a scary/exhilirating roll of the dice for whoever takes him.... which is why Leinart is the obvious pick.

Did I miss a Leinart arm injury or something? I'm sure I look foolish, somebody tell me which memo I missed.

I'll be much happier if the Jets end up with Cutler than if they end up with Leinart.

good post, RS.

This clinches it. When a fan of a rival site endorses a potential draft pick, he must be worthy. Leinart is the most proven, yet people want Cutler. I still don't get it. Others think Penny and Ramsey will take us to the promised land.

good post, RS.

This clinches it. When a fan of a rival site endorses a potential draft pick, he must be worthy. Leinart is the most proven, yet people want Cutler. I still don't get it. Others think Penny and Ramsey will take us to the promised land.

This is not about the promise land, this is about a game plan for the next few years that gets the Jets back to be competitive.

With a dominating offensive line and a shut down defense, Bollywood could lead us to the playoffs.

Spending all that money on some top pick QB when there are so many other holes to fill is just dumb.

OT

DE

OT

DE

BZ

Agreed.

All this stuff about his arm not being strong enough is absolute "hogwash".

His arm is strong enough.

He's smart.

He's a leader.

He's played "big" in big games.

And he's a winner.

He's the best QB in the draft.

Period, end of story.

Archived