Baseball Preview: JetsBosox breaks down Yanks-Sox rivalry

TomShane

Great, brutal article by JBF. Beneath all the trash talking is a ton of incisive and honest journalism, not to mention lots of research! Good job, JBF!

Are you ******* kiddin me?

This article should have you fired from putting up content.

Are you farging kiddin me?

I agree. That's purely a fan's perspective. That article would never be published professionally. Isn't that what Jetnation is striving to do? Be at least a little professional? Unbiased articles would be welcome. I'm a Yankee fan, but I will give the Red Sox props for 2004. But to Glorify one team and bach the other is not the way to write and article, plain and simple.

Are you farging kiddin me?

I agree. That's purely a fan's perspective. That article would never be published professionally. Isn't that what Jetnation is striving to do? Be at least a little professional? Unbiased articles would be welcome. I'm a Yankee fan, but I will give the Red Sox props for 2004. But to Glorify one team and bach the other is not the way to write and article, plain and simple.

I was going overboard but i feel what you're saying.

It shouldn't have been passed off as a Preview.

The only thing we are striving to do on JN is getting people to have a good time and enjoy talking sports again.

As a Met fan who roots for Boston when it means the Yankees don't win a title, even I can see the numeous inccuracies used to serve BOsox's agenda.

First off the title the Yanks and Sox battle for is the AL pennant and not the WS.

Lets face it the enventual WS winner has come from a division other than the AL East 3 of the last 4 years.

During the Yanks 96-2000 the Sox were not even the Yanks biggest threat for the AL Pennant.

ARod: This analysis just reaks of Arod being a player who will never get favorable reviews in the authors eye. The Texas teams failures were and remain in large part due to not following that old Baseball adage of "Good Pitching will always beat good hitting". Seattle's season was what it was, a all-time season never to be sniffed since by the franchise.

Oh and lets not forget,the main guy from Boston in the "greatest non-trade of all time" was on waivers last off-season. I have a feeling like many Sox fans Jets/Bosox hated one Mr. Manny Ramirez before winning a title.

The Boss: George has too many rings as a owner no matter who is considered the architecht to be dissed in any fashion. We all hate him as fans of opposing franchises but his rings speak for themselves.

Furthermore ,the guys he "had to have" indeed have won before. Research?? :shock:

Sheffield and Brown have rings with the Marlins. Pavano also has a ring from Florida's 2nd championship while Wright's Braves won the NL East.

Does anyone here feel it's risque thinking to also feel ARod will be wearing a couple of rings from his Yankee tenure when all's said and done?

Bosox even disses Derek Lowe because he now plays elsewhere. IMO Lowe pitched lights out last post season to the tune of a 1.86 era and was as big a part of the title as Schilling. Lowe just wasn't playing for an Oscar. :wink:

Nice article though to kick-off what will be a war between NY and Boston.

I have a feeling like many Sox fans Jets/Bosox hated one Mr. Manny Ramirez before winning a title.

As much as you'd like to believe otherwise, youre wrong on this account. It wasnt Manny-straight up-for-A-Rod, it was seen as Manny & Nomar-for-A-Rod and Magglio Ordonez. Most Sox fans (myself included) saw this as a wash. Looking back on it, it was indeed the best Non-trade in the history of the franchise.

Bosox even disses Derek Lowe because he now plays elsewhere. IMO Lowe pitched lights out last post season to the tune of a 1.86 era and was as big a part of the title as Schilling.

Lowe killed us all season, especially in September during the playoff push. Thats why he was left out of the rotation before Schilling went down. His postseason heroics were pretty much a debt that was owed to us after years of watching his very public meltdowns as a starter and a closer.

My article is what it is, the preseason forecast as I see it. Nothing more, nothing less

As much as you'd like to believe otherwise, youre wrong on this account. It wasnt Manny-straight up-for-A-Rod, it was seen as Manny & Nomar-for-A-Rod and Magglio Ordonez. Most Sox fans (myself included) saw this as a wash. Looking back on it, it was indeed the best Non-trade in the history of the franchise.

Lowe killed us all season, especially in September during the playoff push. Thats why he was left out of the rotation before Schilling went down. His postseason heroics were pretty much a debt that was owed to us after years of watching his very public meltdowns as a starter and a closer.

My article is what it is, the preseason forecast as I see it. Nothing more, nothing less

Oh, and please dont assume I was talking about the new NL guys who've won before. I am well aware of Sheff, Brown, and Pavano winning with the Marlins...dont forget Johnson and Womack with the D-backs either, GS! I was referring to Mussina, Giambi, Matsui, Contreras, Heredia, Quantrill, Karsay, etc...

• 2 months later...

Archived