Isles hire GM and coach (reportedly)

NorthCoastJetsFan

Not crazy about Smith at all. Didnt draft all that well with the Rangers and in 94 Messier was making those trades and Smith was just placing the calls. But, like you said he is better than Milbury.

NOlan is an intersting hire. This guy has A LOT, and I mean A LOT to prove. I just hope those rumors of him and hasek's wife arent true. Dont want a guy like that coaching the team.

Nolan a GREAT hire,,

Rangers should have hired him a long time ago,,,

Nolan was blackballed by old NFL brass due to playing hardball with contract when he was hot with Sabres,,

He had booze problems which have since gone,,

He can flat out coach,,

Hockey Hall of Famer Pat LaFontaine will also be hired as a consultant by the Islanders, the team he began his National Hockey League career with. It was LaFontaine who highly recommended to owner Charles Wang that Nolan and Smith be hired. LaFontaine played for Nolan with the Buffalo Sabres and later with the New York Rangers when Smith was the club's GM.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...ory/Sports/home

Islanders are going back in history for Smith and Nolan

Can not get much worse than Milbury and his performance as GM

Nolan is a mystery- blackballed out of the league or not?

like Ryan Miller and Ruff?

:yahoo:

Haha. Yeah.

Uh, Marty Biron won 13 games in a row while Miller was hurt.

BOTH of our goalies won over 20 games, and the only game Ruff didnt coach, they lost. I think Ruff might have had something to do with this season lol.

Haha. Yeah.

Uh, Marty Biron won 13 games in a row while Miller was hurt.

BOTH of our goalies won over 20 games, and the only game Ruff didnt coach, they lost. I think Ruff might have had something to do with this season lol.

he is OK,, rumor is that if laviolette turns down Boston, that Ruff is quietly talking to them now about taking the Bruins job and a boatload of cash,, which sabres arent willing to pay

he is OK,, rumor is that if laviolette turns down Boston, that Ruff is quietly talking to them now about taking the Bruins job and a boatload of cash,, which sabres arent willing to pay

I'll believe that when I see it.

Look up Nolans coaching stats, with and without Hasek. You could tell Hasek had way too much to do with his coaching sucess.

Great players help coaches win games and championships. What a concept. You think the Devils win 3 cups without Marty Bro? Isles without Billy Smith? The Rangers without Richter?

Nolan did an excellent job in 97 of getting the most out of the Sabres talent. Nobody has disputed that.The guy has a track record of winning on every level he's been on. Michael Peca loves the guy.

:yawn: so tell me southern, how long did it take you to think up this?

Fake posts, like your Lindy Going to Boston:Nuts: Tut tut Southern, how far you have fallen.

oh lord, are u that bored with no hockey to watch?

fakeposts, the last frontier of morons,,,

oh well, cheer up,, it will spring in buffalo any day now

Fake posts, like your Lindy Going to Boston:Nuts: Tut tut Southern, how far you have fallen.

its not fake,,,

he is talking, says he wants a Hockey Town to coach in, not a football town,,

says Boston is more Hockey than football,,,

Archived