Best Team Ever

Maxman

Montana/Rice/Lott > Aikman/Smith/Irvin

Tx, didn't FA start in '92? That's when the Cowboys won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls.

Tabor, if I'm not mistaken, FA did start in 1992 and the salary cap was instituted in 1994.

In the first two years of FA, there was very little movement due to the fact that players had to honor their existing contracts.

In anticipation of great player movement, the salary cap was implemented to try and keep a level playing field.

So technically, the Cowboys did win multiple Super Bowls during the start of FA.

I'd love to know how many players they lost to FA during their run. I would submit to you it would be very few if any.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Pats are still in the middle of it.;)

You have no proof that they are in the middle of it unless they win it all this year. Since we both realize that won't happen, debating this further is pointless.

Tabor, if I'm not mistaken, FA did start in 1992 and the salary cap was instituted in 1994.

In the first two years of FA, there was very little movement due to the fact that players had to honor their existing contracts.

In anticipation of great player movement, the salary cap was implemented to try and keep a level playing field.

So technically, the Cowboys did win multiple Super Bowls during the start of FA.

I'd love to know how many players they lost to FA during their run. I would submit to you it would be very few if any.

If I remember correctly they did loose some good players to free agency (Alan Harper comes to mind).

I don't remember the Pats losing that much of the "core" of their team either.

But Dallas also made smart free agent pick ups (D Sanders, K Norton) and trades (C Haley) and also drafted very well.

Archived