Best Team Ever

Maxman

Any one of the 70's Steeler teams. Jack Splat still to this day insists that the 1976 team was the best Steeler team of em' all. And they didn't even win the SB. Franco and Rocky were injured in the AFCC. It is widely believed that had they been healthy, this unit would have been the ONLY team ever to win 3 straight SB's. Who are we to argue with Jack Splat? lol

Any one of the 70's Steeler teams. Jack Splat still to this day insists that the 1976 team was the best Steeler team of em' all. And they didn't even win the SB. Franco and Rocky were injured in the AFCC. It is widely believed that had they been healthy, this unit would have been the ONLY team ever to win 3 straight SB's. Who are we to argue with Jack Splat? lol

You homer! :D

Best team ever? When I hear that question, the first thing that comes to mind is the '85 Bears. SB XX was a long day/night at my house, to say the least.

You homer! :D

Best team ever? When I hear that question, the first thing that comes to mind is the '85 Bears. SB XX was a long day/night at my house, to say the least.

Ya busted me. lol

Agree that the '85 Bears were awesome. I just think that if they were vs my Steelers, Terry Bradshaw would find a way to put one more score on the board than McMahon. ;)

Both defenses would probably be murder on the opposing O though.

Ya busted me. lol

Agree that the '85 Bears were awesome. I just think that if they were vs my Steelers, Terry Bradshaw would find a way to put one more score on the board than McMahon. ;)

Both defenses would probably be murder on the opposing O though.

Prok, I don't remember those Steeler teams of the '70s. Too young so I'm not a good authority on the issue. However, from what I've seen on NFL films and from my father, they were nasty. It would be a good game, IMO.

It was a totally different era and style of play but I like Green Bay Packers under Lombardi

Best team I ever watched play has got to be the 85 bears, hands down.

Best team ever? That's easy, 1968 Jets.;)

Call me a homer all you want.

One good thing about this debate...There won't be any mention of the Patsies!!!

I would like to throw the 49ers into the mix. Montana, Rice, Lott...3 of the best to ever play their positions.

Great choice, but on the other hand the Cowboys had Aikman, Smith and Irvin. When they were at their best, they dominated the opposition.

One good thing about this debate...There won't be any mention of the Patsies!!!

Of course Jet fans won't mention the Pats.

Name the only team in NFL history to win 3 out of 4 Super Bowls during the FA and salary cap era?

Winning Super Bowls and keeping a team together pre-FA and salary cap is like comparing apples to oranges.

Your testes and my testes is like comparing atoms to oranges.

F'in frontrunner.

Also, how many of those teams that you guys mention strung together back-to-back 17-2 seasons and had a 21-game winning streak to boot?

I don't think the Cowboys, 49ers or Steelers ever accomplished a 2-year dominance like that.

Of course Jet fans won't mention the Pats.

Name the only team in NFL history to win 3 out of 4 Super Bowls during the FA and salary cap era?

Winning Super Bowls and keeping a team together pre-FA and salary cap is like comparing apples to oranges.

Hey Tx....best dynasty is another subject. But this is about the best team. What the Pats did is impressive. But the fact that they win every game by 3 points will certainly mean they are left out of the best team conversation.

But the fact that they win every game by 3 points will certainly mean they are left out of the best team conversation.

How many extra points do you get by winning by 30 points versus by winning by 3?

I thought so.

That has to be one of the ridiculous arguements that Jet fans make.

Great teams always come out on top in close games.

How many extra points do you get by winning by 30 points versus by winning by 3?

I thought so.

That has to be one of the ridiculous arguements that Jet fans make.

Great teams always come out on top in close games.

Great teams do not let the game come down to a last second field goal. Tx...which Pats team (name the year) was the Best Team Of All Time?

Do tell.

Great teams do not let the game come down to a last second field goal. Tx...which Pats team (name the year) was the Best Team Of All Time?

Do tell.

Best team ever had to be the 1985 Bears.

Best Pats team in their recent run was the 2004 team.

Best team ever had to be the 1985 Bears.

Best Pats team in their recent run was the 2004 team.

So you admit that the Pats are not the best team ever. That was a short debate.

Tx...if you start a thread on the greatest dynasty I wouldn't try to dispute anything about the Pats. What they have done in the Salary Cap \ Free Agency age has not been done by anyone else. It is impressive.

I am just glad it is over.

Great choice, but on the other hand the Cowboys had Aikman, Smith and Irvin. When they were at their best, they dominated the opposition.

Montana/Rice/Lott > Aikman/Smith/Irvin

Tx, didn't FA start in '92? That's when the Cowboys won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls.

Archived