King reiterates: Klecko won't get in

nj meadowlands

SOME VERY GOOD NAMES I MISSED. From Michael Siegel, of Rye, N.Y.: "Excellent job on missing HOFers. A few more to consider: Joe Klecko (a premier lineman who was All-Pro at DT, DE and NT), Gene Hickerson and Jim Tyrer (outstanding offensive linemen for some top teams of their era -- is Tyrer's sad ending the only reason he is not in?), Otis Taylor (the prototype for the big and fast wideout), Chuck Howley (best and most well-rounded OLB of his era), Cliff Harris (still one of the greatest safeties I ever saw) and Buddy Parker (how does the head coach of one of the greatest teams of all time, the '50s Lions, get left off? His Steelers years were one of the few bright spots of that team's pre-Noll era).''

Tyrer is not in because I think he belongs in the Hall of Very Good. It has nothing to do with his demise. I have always liked Klecko, but I don't think he's going to make it either.

SOME VERY GOOD NAMES I MISSED. From Michael Siegel, of Rye, N.Y.: "Excellent job on missing HOFers. A few more to consider: Joe Klecko (a premier lineman who was All-Pro at DT, DE and NT), Gene Hickerson and Jim Tyrer (outstanding offensive linemen for some top teams of their era -- is Tyrer's sad ending the only reason he is not in?), Otis Taylor (the prototype for the big and fast wideout), Chuck Howley (best and most well-rounded OLB of his era), Cliff Harris (still one of the greatest safeties I ever saw) and Buddy Parker (how does the head coach of one of the greatest teams of all time, the '50s Lions, get left off? His Steelers years were one of the few bright spots of that team's pre-Noll era).''

Tyrer is not in because I think he belongs in the Hall of Very Good. It has nothing to do with his demise. I have always liked Klecko, but I don't think he's going to make it either.

King responded to a Redskin fan; "Ain't so. I'm a fan of no football team".

Guess he's technically accurate, since there is no NFL team named the New England Bellichek's.

King responded to a Redskin fan; "Ain't so. I'm a fan of no football team".

Guess he's technically accurate, since there is no NFL team named the New England Bellichek's.

You sure you don't want to mention Herm in that post somewhere?

Archived