A season of hope.....A summer of discontent!

The Fat Man

It happens every time. A new coach and a new season. Comments and articles start with the new regime offering more discipline and respect than the previous ones.

For those people who share in the Mangini optimism I can only say...we have been down this road before! Lets just say we have had the disciplinarian style jammed down our throats when in the past when a new head coach came to town and was proclaimed running a tight ship as well.

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/k/rich_kotite/index.html?offset=50&&&&&

I do not buy into the pedigree issue either. This isn't horse racing. Mangini will have to prove himself when it counts. One advantage is we should have a better understanding of New England's methodologies and this could be a key in the battle for supremacy in the AFC East.

One thing is for sure, some Jets fans think that Eric Mangini is the new "MESSIAH" and can do no wrong. "When he farts...doves fly out of his arse".

I see all the Mangini-isms and profiles being created with his pictures. I wonder what these fans will do when we start losing games.

I say to all the Mangini doubters...keep names on those fans that worship this false idol as they will surely hop off the caravan of love next year.

There's always an adjustment with change. But keep in mind, part of the reason Edwards was hired was because Groh was such a harda$$. In fact, I'd suspect the quotes from 2001, from recollection, were how great it was not to work in hats&pads all day and what a great approachable guy Edwards was.

The only disciplinary coaches in Jets history were Weeb, Michaels, Parcells and Groh. Everyone else were "players" coaches. So I'm not really buying this.

rsherry, you are 100% correct. In fact, my response was going to be centered squarely on Herm the germ. Where did that guy ever preach discipline and respect? NEVER!

Archived