Computer employment

vinnys025

I'm thinking of getting another degree in computers so when I retire from what I do now I can make some real money. Does anyone know which degree to pursue where the money's at? Show me the money!!!

Vinny...if you have a school in mind put up a listing of their programs. Many schools (Chubb) have been known to steer you towards the wrong courses to help their bottom lines.

Programming? Not for everyone...but the most money.

Networking? Routing? There is money to be made here, haven't looked at the job market recently though.

PC \ Help Desk Support? This kind of course would help you get an entry level job.

Cisco Certifications.

MCSEs are a dime a dozen. Cisco certifications are not.

I would like to get into Programming, but I have found it hard to find the classes I want available when I can go.

Networking Architecture

It is one of the things that cannot be done overseas. You need someone on the ground to do this stuff.

Programming is good, but go for the next big thing Python, not the Cobol of today which is Java.

BZ

Sales. That's where the money is.

Development, programming, architecture and Q&A is great - especially if you don't mind your job being outsourced to India. And please don't forget how the big IT firms are branching out to the next great frontier - China. I hear Manderin is real easy to learn. :rolleyes:

the IT/IS industry is chock full of people who learned everything they needed to know from a book

depending on how corporate the culture - real actual classroom education can be perceived as a weakness by those "in the biz"

many IT directors at small businesses don't have college degrees - come in there with fancy degrees you will not get the job because they are threatened

sikh gave some good advice CISCO certs are worth real good money.

Archived