Dolphins vs Panthers (8pm tonight)

BwanaZulia

I know there is a vBookie on this, but thought we could get some discussion going on it.

So, who is watching this game tonight?

For me, the Dolphins are only going one of two ways this season. They are either going to win the East or be below .500.

If Daunte lives up to his 2004 potental, if he can stay healthy and protected and makes Chambers his new Moss, we are in trouble. They will need to find some secondary help and see if Ronnie Brown can handle the full load of a season, but they could be dangerious.

On the other hand, if Daunte gets hurt, that season goes down the tubes. Joey, from what I have seen, is not up for the job.

What say?

BZ

(BTW: I invited a few PhinHeaven people to drop in and chat, so be nice... or semi-nice).

The vBookie bets:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21629

I'll be watching and cheering on the Panthers. It will be a good game to watch and scout the Dolphins from a fans prospective and we'll see how Daunte will do against a real defense for 3 quarters.

I really doubt he plays 3 qtrs.

Personally, I don't think he is ready to start the season and Nicky is hiding it. If he plays a full qtr I will be surprised.

BZ

I really doubt he plays 3 qtrs.

Personally, I don't think he is ready to start the season and Nicky is hiding it. If he plays a full qtr I will be surprised.

BZ

I heard on NFL Network that he'll play into the 3rd....should be interesting.

Their 3rd stringer, Lemon, looks pretty good.

I am waiting to see them dump it off to M. Vick (Marcus the stomper) and see him wing it.

BZ

I hope not. Don't like the guy, not real happy he's on the team, if he helps the team, then I gotta root for him, but I don't have too enjoy doing it.

Cleo Lemon? The guy who was behind Rivers & Brees in SD, right? I'll have to check out the entire game tonight then to see him. Havn't ever seen him play.
game 1 his rating exceeded 114, i know, he played against scrubs, but he showed potential. game 2 he did alright.

I think we'll see a lot of C-Pep tonight. Harrington could use some work, but he's not looking bad. Lemon is surprising a lot of us. Definitely worth the trade...

Who did you trade for Lemon?....

(wait for it)

(come on...)

Lime?

BZ :)

The game is on FOX so that means Buck and Aikman. Can't stand those two.

As far the game itself? I'm interested to see a legit SB contender in Carolina go up against the 2006 media darlings.

You mean you want to see the Dolphins whoop the Panthers? Me too bro. :P

You mean you want to see the Dolphins whoop the Panthers? Me too bro. :P

That would be a big No!

Did you see the stupid play by the Dolphin player when he pushed the Carolina player into the Punt Returner? That was very stupid.

I'm more concerned with the lack of running game tonight.

Tonights game is my first opportunity to see the Phins in action. My initial thoughts so far on D is that Big Daddy Wilkinson still has a lot of life left. I wasn't sure what we would be getting from him, but I like what I see from him so far. Special teams definitely needs to do a better job than they have been. Why are the Dolphins calling so many screens and where are the deep down the field passes? At least try it once. Ronnie Brown should have cut right on 4th and 1 at the goal line, but I can understand his decision. Culpepper started out a little shaky, but his numbers for the first half are pretty good. Most people didn't even think that he would be playing this soon.

Anyway, it's preseason, it's better that they get all of the mistakes out of the way now.

I'm more concerned with the lack of running game tonight.

Tonights game is my first opportunity to see the Phins in action. My initial thoughts so far on D is that Big Daddy Wilkinson still has a lot of life left. I wasn't sure what we would be getting from him, but I like what I see from him so far. Special teams definitely needs to do a better job than they have been. Why are the Dolphins calling so many screens and where are the deep down the field passes? At least try it once. Ronnie Brown should have cut right on 4th and 1 at the goal line, but I can understand his decision. Culpepper started out a little shaky, but his number for the first half are pretty good. Most people didn't even think that he would be playing this soon.

Anyway, it's preseason, it's better that they get all of the mistakes out of the way now.

If I were you I would be worried about the lack of pass rush from your D.

If I were you I would be worried about the lack of pass rush from your D.

That will come, I'm not worried about that at all. The offensive line and running game are the things that concern me. We had a horrible oline 2 years ago and they really put it all together last year under Houck. I haven't seen that so far tonight.

And this evaluation coming from a guy that thought Hermy was a great HC.

Take it for what it is worth.;)

Sorry TX, never said he was great, I said and still said he was/is good.

What, are you working for the Whitehouse Information Division now?

BZ

Archived