4-3 or 3-4?????

Mangini has said all along that he will always put the players in the best position to suceed. Well, the Jets just simply do not have the personel to play the 3-4 this year. We should stay with our strength, as preached by our coach and go with the 4-3!

I don't know if Vilma will be as good a fit in the 3-4 as his in the 4-3 this year or next, or the year after...

That said, I'm not really worried about our defense. They aren't going to be the best in the league, but they're WAY WAY better than our Offense, which (especially under the egg's watch) is completely dead.

Basically the future of our defense in the front 7, Vilma and Robertson are suited to play a 4-3. That is where they can play to the best of their ability and basically help us succeed. I think if it really hinders their production, Mangini will then think about going to a 4-3. The Ravens' 3-4 defense was a failed experiment and I think this may be too. Mangini is not that hard headed to let a former 4th overall pick and a former 12th overall pick to struggle cause of his "system".

Mangini has said all along that he will always put the players in the best position to suceed. Well, the Jets just simply do not have the personel to play the 3-4 this year. We should stay with our strength, as preached by our coach and go with the 4-3!

Jets will stick with 3-4 because that is what Mangini knows how to coach and scheme. Do they have the personnel for a 3-4 No way but Mangini will implement his system anyway.

Doesn't really make a difference what base defense we're in. With the offense doing their thing with 3 and out, the defense will be spent by the time the 4th quarter comes around.

Jets will probably hang around most of the games we play, but thanks to an offense that has no pulse, that's why we'll be lucky to win a handful of games.

Archived