47 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm going to the London game and I expect more Jets fans than Vikings fans.

Perhaps true, but the Jets have never been known for having a national fan base.  Not ever.  

Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers were the teams that had national marketing appeal.  Never the Jets.  The Jets DO NOT "boast a fan base around the league".

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Perhaps true, but the Jets have never been known for having a national fan base.  Not ever.  

Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers were the teams that had national marketing appeal.  Never the Jets.  The Jets DO NOT "boast a fan base around the league".

The Jets are more popular in the UK than the Vikings.

44 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Eh, IDK. We aren't the Packers/Steelers/Cowboys/49ers/Raiders/Giants, but I lived in Sad Diego for years and there were actually Jets bars there, believe it or not. Never underestimate how many NY transplants there are around the country. There are more Jets fans than you think

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

With as bad as we've been, I feel like most fans still intensely dislike us and like to make fun of us (rather than looking at us as "loveable losers" like the Lions).  I think that makes us somewhat of a draw from a ratings perspective. 

Having said that, though, I think there might be more Jet fans out there than I realized.  I remember being really impressed at how much Jet green there was in that game in Green Bay 2 years ago.

Somewhat related, it's also interesting how the Jets are looked at as the ultimate losers when we actually have a Super Bowl win (and probably the most important one in league history).  And fwiw, the Lions' playoff history is far worse than ours.  I don't like calling them out because I was rooting for them as much as the next person (and I'll root for them again next year so long as it doesn't negatively affect us).  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, IDK. We aren't the Packers/Steelers/Cowboys/49ers/Raiders/Giants, but I lived in Sad Diego for years and there were actually Jets bars there, believe it or not. Never underestimate how many NY transplants there are around the country. There are more Jets fans than you think

The are all in Miami... 

17 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Everybody wants the Jets?  Or A-A-Ron?  No A-A-Ron and the Jets would have as many prime-time games as the Patriots.

Agreed.  Though I think the Jets are seemingly more talented this year (assuming they can actually stay health) so maybe they would've (maybe) had an extra prime time game over the Pats.

Then again, with the way things go for both these franchises, the Pats will probably take a leap this year behind Drake Maye and the Jets will fall on their faces again.

• More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With as bad as we've been, I feel like most fans still intensely dislike us and like to make fun of us (rather than looking at us as "loveable losers" like the Lions).  I think that makes us somewhat of a draw from a ratings perspective. 

Having said that, though, I think there might be more Jet fans out there than I realized.  I remember being really impressed at how much Jet green there was in that game in Green Bay 2 years ago.

Somewhat related, it's also interesting how the Jets are looked at as the ultimate losers when we actually have a Super Bowl win (and probably the most important one in league history).  And fwiw, the Lions' playoff history is far worse than ours.  I don't like calling them out because I was rooting for them as much as the next person (and I'll root for them again next year so long as it doesn't negatively affect us).  

I live in Wisconsin and I know several Jets fans. Again, there are people from NY all over the place. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I live in Wisconsin and I know several Jets fans. Again, there are people from NY all over the place. 

It'll be fascinating if the Jets ever actually win it all.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

They aren't. I've lived in 6 different states. I've met people from NY everywhere and tons of Jets fans. 

And they all escaped from this place... 

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

May not be true with the younger fans now but the Jets popularity historically was because of SB III - Joe Namath. 

you can’t take that away - it was a top 3 possibly the top 1 moment in professional football 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Agreed.  Though I think the Jets are seemingly more talented this year (assuming they can actually stay health) so maybe they would've (maybe) had an extra prime time game over the Pats.

Then again, with the way things go for both these franchises, the Pats will probably take a leap this year behind Drake Maye and the Jets will fall on their faces again.

Probably so.

Leap?  The Patriots are likely drafting in the top 5 again next year.  All the members of Patriot Nation wanting them to trade back this year, it is like, "yo we are going to have a chance next year as well".

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bro we have to really get over the pats PTSD 

Another Brady will never fall into the pats lap again 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, THE BARON said:

There are just some things we don’t need to be butthurt about, friend. This is one of them.

14 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Probably so.

Leap?  The Patriots are likely drafting in the top 5 again next year.  All the members of Patriot Nation wanting them to trade back this year, it is like, "yo we are going to have a chance next year as well".

Not totally disagreeing, but falling into a top 5 pick isn't so easy either. The Jets and Giants were total ass last year yet neither managed, despite coming close. I don't believe the pats will outright tank a la recent Jags or Commanders teams, either.

The usual stout pats defense and even just a healthy Rhamondre might bring something more like the 6th-15th pick. Of course, to me this is all the more reason the Pats were wise to go after a franchise QB when they had the chance. There will be ample opportunity to build more around him (and trade back if desired) next season. 

16 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Our fan base has grown exponentially since Rodgers came onboard.  All new fans also happen to be flat earth truthers, which is an incredible coincidence.

Yeah but this happens every bunch of Jets moon cycles. Remember the weird Florida Jerry Falwell people during Tebow? All the Packer fans during the Favre year...etc.

Go down South and you'll find there is still a huge contingency of old Alabama alum that love the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro we have to really get over the pats PTSD 

Another Brady will never fall into the pats lap again 

TB12 is a unicorn but the Packers were able to go from Favre to Rodgers to Love and the Colts went from Peyton to Luck.

Stuff like that does happen.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

TB12 is a unicorn but the Packers were able to go from Favre to Rodgers to Love and the Colts went from Peyton to Luck.

Stuff like that does happen.

It's a bit early to start lumping in Love with 60K-yard HOF QBs, no?

• Haha 1