King's MMQB

strange_andy

Peter King's "Fine Fifteen":

15. New Orleans (1-0). I watched a lot of the Saints game, and I'm not saying they're a very good team, but they are pesky. And Reggie Bush is going to be a handful on three or four plays a game when he gets in the open field.

Is this guy for real? He must be poised and ready to receive Bush's shaft after this lube job.

I say put the Jets at the 15 spot.

King is all over Abraham's jock in his Monday Morning Quarterback as well, but no mention of Pennington or the Jets. He must have lost some of his brains along with all the weight.

Peter King's "Fine Fifteen":

15. New Orleans (1-0). I watched a lot of the Saints game, and I'm not saying they're a very good team, but they are pesky. And Reggie Bush is going to be a handful on three or four plays a game when he gets in the open field.

Is this guy for real? He must be poised and ready to receive Bush's shaft after this lube job.

I say put the Jets at the 15 spot.

King is all over Abraham's jock in his Monday Morning Quarterback as well, but no mention of Pennington or the Jets. He must have lost some of his brains along with all the weight.

Yeah I saw him on tv. He looks like a new person. How did he lose that weight? Gastric Bypass?

Pasquarelli's Game Ball

Just a hunch, but we're betting that even though the Eric Mangini Era got off to a rousing start with Sunday's victory over the Tennessee Titans, the New York Jets aren't going to be toasting the outcomes of too many more games this season. And that means there aren't going to be many Jets players considered for "Game Ball" honors.

So out of the chute, with Mangini 1-0, let's award the first honor of 2006 to Chad Pennington. Starting his first game since last Sept. 25, and coming off a second rotator cuff surgery, Pennington was extremely efficient Sunday, completing 24 of 33 passes for 319 yards, with two TDs and no interceptions. The Pennington performance included eight completions to ol' favorite Laveranues Coles, who was critical at times of Mangini's daunting camp regimen, but who remains a pro's pro.

Pennington registered a 123.3 quarterback rating, the 10th highest of his career, and his 18th time over the century mark in 38 starts. Pennington also kept alive his streak of never having thrown a "red zone" interception.

A few months ago, it wasn't even certain Pennington would return to the Jets, until he agreed to restructure his contract. On Sunday afternoon, though, he returned with a bang.

Archived