Sunday Ticket-is it worth it?

Bugg

I got Directv because of ST. But 6 years in I've cancelled ST(and await Verizon getting the "total package" thing-cable, broadband, cell and phone, which should be available in this area within the next few years). You really don't miss much, since they now seem to have about 5 free games on Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN given they've lifted the doubleheader blackout in NYC. Come November, that will be even more games available once the NFL Channel kicks off and the Satuday afternoon games. Literally with the explosion of football, what's the point? How much can you really watch? The NFL is cannibalizing ST with so much product out there. Plus, if you go to any Sunday games-like 8-there's no point.

If you do not have season tickets I would say yes..then when the Jets are not playing you are not forced to watch the other broadcast. You get to see the best matchups of the day. In addition if you are into fantasy football it is a lot of fun to watch your players play

I got Directv because of ST. But 6 years in I've cancelled ST(and await Verizon getting the "total package" thing-cable, broadband, cell and phone, which should be available in this area within the next few years). You really don't miss much, since they now seem to have about 5 free games on Fox, CBS, NBC and ESPN given they've lifted the doubleheader blackout in NYC. Come November, that will be even more games available once the NFL Channel kicks off and the Satuday afternoon games. Literally with the explosion of football, what's the point? How much can you really watch? The NFL is cannibalizing ST with so much product out there. Plus, if you go to any Sunday games-like 8-there's no point.

When did they lift the double header blackout? It was only last week because the Giants were playing at 8:15 and the Jets were away. Next week, unless something changed, the blackout will be back in force.

Last year. In fact, the Eagles/Texans game was on Fox against the Jets/Titans on Sunday, in HD, no less. They will put an out-of-market game on Fox or CBS opposite which ever NY team is on the road that week, and also we get a 3rd game at least when the Jints or Jets are playing a prime time game.Whiel I'll be at the game Sunday, there figures to be a game on CBS opposite the Jints 1PM game.

Archived