Who is getting the nod Sunday?

PhinHater

Is Kevan Barlow still the official starter? Will Cedric Houston see some time?

Did Barlow start last week? AFN didn't start my feed until the NO game ended. I thought Blaylock was still starting. I'd hope Barlow is ready to get most of the carries, but I'm not sure. Sounds like Houston will get a shot. Let's hope he is better suited to running behind a bad line than Blaylock.

I hope so. As RL mentioned, maybe Dwight could do KOR and Washington and/or Blaylock can be inactive....

I don't think Dwight is going to be ready. Has he even practiced yet? I think if Coles can't go and the activate Dwight it'd be less likely they activate Houston because they'd have to be worried that Dwight might not be able to give them much.

What I read today was that Barlow was to get the start with Blaylock seeing time on third down situations, much like last week & that Houston might not be activated like we all thought he would be for this game. Strange. You think he would be after Jamar Martin was cut.

What I read today was that Barlow was to get the start with Blaylock seeing time on third down situations, much like last week & that Houston might not be activated like we all thought he would be for this game. Strange. You think he would be after Jamar Martin was cut.

You're right. That would be surprising. I guess they'd add a TE to use as an "H-back" blocking out of the backfield.

I'd love to see Cedric get some time. Last year he had a few brief moments of sparkle. I wasn't sure how I feel about Barlow when I first heard he was a Jet, but I'm somewhat happy with his performance so far. What I'd like to see more than anything else, though, is for us to throw the ball on 1st and 10. Why do we ALWAYS run it up the middle for no gain every time?!?!! It's SO frustrating!!

Archived