Is Tom Brady underpaid?

Preston Howley III

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Robert Krapf gave Brady a royal screwing on his contract.

Brady makes plenty of money. Would you rather a team give its star players crazy contracts so that a couple of years down the road the team is in salary cap hell? That always works out well :rolleyes:

Brady makes plenty of money. Would you rather a team give its star players crazy contracts so that a couple of years down the road the team is in salary cap hell? That always works out well :rolleyes:

The Patriots don't look like they'll win another super bowl anything soon, so it probably isn't worth taking less money right now. The media likes Peyton better, and makes excuses for him anyway. It looks like if you want accolades, you take the bigger contract, and then just make excuses about the rest of the team not being good enough when you lose (and of course it won't be, you make too much, so why should everyone else take huge paycuts to be on the team?).

I like this little gem from that USA article:

Brady probably never thinks about it, but because he was a lowly sixth-round pick he also missed out on the $15 million signing bonus as a rookie. He may have all these Super Bowl rings, but he's $30 million to $40 million behind Manning, a former No. 1 selection, in NFL wages earned. We all know that really isn't fair.

Oh, he thinks about it. He thinks about that and the fleecing Kraft gave him. :rl:

The Patriots don't look like they'll win another super bowl anything soon, so it probably isn't worth taking less money right now. The media likes Peyton better, and makes excuses for him anyway. It looks like if you want accolades, you take the bigger contract, and then just make excuses about the rest of the team not being good enough when you lose (and of course it won't be, you make too much, so why should everyone else take huge paycuts to be on the team?).

How's that? The Pats are 6-2 at the midway point of the season and barring injury always play better down the stretch.

Anything can happen in the Playoffs (2001 Pats or 2005 Steelers anyone?)

They also have 2 first round draft picks next year. Will they win the Super Bowl this year? Maybe. Are they in good shape going forward? Yes.

How's that? The Pats are 6-2 at the midway point of the season and barring injury always play better down the stretch.

Anything can happen in the Playoffs (2001 Pats or 2005 Steelers anyone?)

They also have 2 first round draft picks next year. Will they win the Super Bowl this year? Maybe. Are they in good shape going forward? Yes.

The defense isn't nearly as dominant as it used to be, they're missing the clutch kicker they used to have (apparently he lost his clutch though), nobody seems to be able to catch or hold onto the ball on offense, and Brady hasn't been as sharp as he used to be. Before, if you needed a game tying or winning drive, Brady was pretty much guaranteed to get it for you, nowadays...not so much. I think the run is over, and it'll take a bit of luck to win another one, and you can never rely on luck. The dynasty is over, at least for now. If you draft wisely this coming year, then maybe the dynasty starts anew, but probably not this year or next, so that's why I say not anytime soon.

The defense isn't nearly as dominant as it used to be, they're missing the clutch kicker they used to have (apparently he lost his clutch though), nobody seems to be able to catch or hold onto the ball on offense, and Brady hasn't been as sharp as he used to be. Before, if you needed a game tying or winning drive, Brady was pretty much guaranteed to get it for you, nowadays...not so much. I think the run is over, and it'll take a bit of luck to win another one, and you can never rely on luck. The dynasty is over, at least for now. If you draft wisely this coming year, then maybe the dynasty starts anew, but probably not this year or next, so that's why I say not anytime soon.

The D was pretty crappy last year in the first 10 games. They turned it around down the stretch and did very well.

Defense did not lost the game for us Sunday. 5 turnovers did. To have a chance to tie the game in the 4th qtr after 4 turnovers showed that either the Colts couldn't put the game away or the defense kept us in it.

We lost Harrison early and Wilson didn't play. Try losing your starting safeties against the Colts. It isn't pretty!

He may have all these Super Bowl rings, but he's $30 million to $40 million behind Manning, a former No. 1 selection, in NFL wages earned. We all know that really isn't fair.

You think Manning would give up his $40 million for at least one Super Bowl title, let alone 3?

Ask the same question to Dan Marino.

Jet fans are so friggn' stupid.

You think Manning would give up his $40 million for at least one Super Bowl title, let alone 3?

Ask the same question to Dan Marino.

Jet fans are so friggn' stupid.

A better comparison would be Neil O'Donnell since he is more in Brady's neighborhood statistically than either of those guys - but we get the point.

A better comparison would be Neil O'Donnell since he is more in Brady's neighborhood statistically than either of those guys - but we get the point.

Remember the SB when Neil was playing for the Steelers and he threw the game away? He sucked!

Remember the SB when Neil was playing for the Steelers and he threw the game away? He sucked!

I agree that was a little harsh - but so is comparing Marino or Manning as QB's to someone like Brady and I hate Marino and Manning every bit as much as I do Brady.

BTW, there have been highly paid QB's that have won Super Bowls. Brady got screwed and I bet he is pretty pissed right about now.

I agree that was a little harsh - but so is comparing Marino or Manning as QB's to someone like Brady and I hate Marino and Manning every bit as much as I do Brady.

BTW, there have been highly paid QB's that have won Super Bowls. Brady got screwed and I bet he is pretty pissed right about now.

I still don't understand the "He got screwed" comments. Is he the highest paid QB in the game? No. Is he in the Top 3? Yes.

There wasn't a gun to his head when he signed his contract extension.

I still don't understand the "He got screwed" comments. Is he the highest paid QB in the game? No. Is he in the Top 3? Yes.

There wasn't a gun to his head when he signed his contract extension.

Brady was sitting on a lotto ticket being that he had won 3 super bowls. He could have easily been highest paid in the league and gooten the biggest bonus in history. That money could have paid his taxes alone.

Brady was sitting on a lotto ticket being that he had won 3 super bowls. He could have easily been highest paid in the league and gooten the biggest bonus in history. That money could have paid his taxes alone.

Where would he have gone? Houston, Detroit, Buffalo? Why would you play for a losing team when you could play for a winning team? The extra couple of mill a year?

He gets that through endorsements for ****s sake.

Where would he have gone? Houston, Detroit, Buffalo? Why would you play for a losing team when you could play for a winning team? The extra couple of mill a year?

He gets that through endorsements for ****s sake.

Houston is a pretty big market. As is Chicago, and Washington DC. Some organization would have thrown him double the bonus he got easily. Therefor it is more than just a few million.

Archived