Anyone going to Green Bay?

4HCrew

I was in Green Bay about 8 years ago on business. I believe it was February.

It is a small town and they love the Pack. The Bucks played that night and they were the 3rd story on the local sports report after a couple of stories on Favre & the Pack.

Did I mention that 80% of the cars had Packers flags?

Green Bay is much more laid back, than New york city. The beer is much cheaper, food is good. The Tailgating is alot of Fun, you may meet the Packalope or St. Vince and did I mention the beer is $2 a bottle. LOL have fun jets fans

Green Bay is much more laid back, than New york city. The beer is much cheaper, food is good. The Tailgating is alot of Fun, you may meet the Packalope or St. Vince and did I mention the beer is $2 a bottle. LOL have fun jets fans

At $2 bottle of beer -what type of beer is that Ray?

At $2 bottle of beer -what type of beer is that Ray?

Miller, Bud you name it. We also have great microbreweries Titletown brewery is one.

I worked in Lodi NJ. and have been to the big apple a number of tiimes so I know how high the prices are there.

hey Ray what are some good bars for us to hit? any gentleman's clubs in the area?

you should go to Packer Chatters they will be more than happy to help you with that. many of our memebers go to the games you might be able to meet up with. I'm not from Green Bay but I know Club 41 in Grand Chute and Bean Snappers to name two. I'm a woman so, they are not high on my list. :) GreenBay has some good sports bars some are in the atrium at Lambeau Field. Check with the guys at PC

http://www.packerchatters.com/index.php

here is the area where we ask non football questions

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php?showforum=4

you should go to Packer Chatters they will be more than happy to help you with that. many of our memebers go to the games you might be able to meet up with. I'm not from Green Bay but I know Club 41 in Grand Chute and Bean Snappers to name two. I'm a woman so, they are not high on my list. :) GreenBay has some good sports bars some are in the atrium at Lambeau Field. Check with the guys at PC

http://www.packerchatters.com/index.php

Racheal Ray ?

No my first name is Suzanne my nick name comes from Ray Nitschke #66 the HOF MLB for the Glory Year Packers

The good old days when defensive players could actually hit QB`s without getting penalized ,stop in & say hi at bostons sat night (we`ll be there watching the RUTGERS vs. West VIRG. game)

Drink 1 or 2, hell 20 for me, Joisey:cheers: Have a good time man.

We always have a good time , Thanks for the Good wish`s 124 & while ,I`ll be happy to drink the 1 or 2 for you ,T-MAC is probably the man you need to talk to ,to cover the 20 drinks for you ...lol ...PS we`ll do our part to bring home the victory for everyone...

We always have a good time , Thanks for the Good wish`s 124 & while ,I`ll be happy to drink the 1 or 2 for you ,T-MAC is probably the man you need to talk to ,to cover the 20 drinks for you ...lol ...PS we`ll do our part to bring home the victory for everyone...

Hey folks. Just registered. Transplanted LIer here in WI. Going to the game with 5 friends from NY and a few from GB. You may want to try Stadium View Bar&Grill. It is on Holmgren Way 100 yards from Lambeau. They open at 7AM.

Only on game day, right? Looks like the spot before Farve's opens up.

These are all open 7 days a week and located right the hallowed ground of Lambeau Field

Frozen in Time

Treat yourself to direct-from-the-oven cinnamon rolls, gourmet coffee, cappuccino, espresso, cookies and cakes. Or choose from a wide array of scrumptious Breyers premium ice cream flavors and savor a delicious delight in a handmade waffle cone. Bring your laptop and read the news or check your e-mail with our free wireless Internet access.

Hours

9 am to 3 pm daily.

Phone: 920.965.3785

Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Grill

Have lunch amidst legends at the Hall of Fame Grill and admire treasures of the Packers Hall of Fame in a casual, comfortable environment. Soak in the exclusive images and Packers memorabilia while enjoying an all-you-care-to-eat lunch venue, which boasts mouth-watering pizzas baked in a huge brick oven, homemade soups, bountiful salad bar, and signature hot entrees.

Hours

11 am to 3pm daily. Hours vary on home game days, special occasions, holidays and during training camp.

Phone: 920.965.3875

Curly's Game Zone

Challenge your friends or yourself in Curly's Game Zone. Try over 50 exciting and exhilarating games. There's even an area where kids can test their football skills by dodging defenders and throwing touchdowns.

Game Zone Hours

Sunday through Thursday: 11 am to midnight, Friday and Saturday: 11 am to 1 am.

Phone: 920.965.6970

Curly's Pub

Savor a legendary experience at Curly's Pub, the namesake of Curly Lambeau, the first Packers head coach. Tackle Packers-sized portions of delicious food and superb service in our dining room or pub. Watch a game on one of Curly's 138 TVs or hang out in Curly's Game Zone. Catch the Packers away games or just hang out with friends. The whole place is bursting with Packers history, right down to the servers who are trained in the history of the team. When you're at Curly's, you're treated like an MVP. You'll leave full. And you'll leave happy.

Book your next special event in Curly's private dining room. Call 920-569-7515.

Curly's 10th Aniversary Cajun Specials

All season long the Packers are celebrating the 10th anniversary season of the Super Bowl XXXI Championship, and in honor of that game being played in New Orleans, Curly's Pub is joining the festivities by offering a special Cajun menu item each week of the season.

Featured Item (Week of:)

09/04: Catfish Louisianne

09/11: Chicken and Andouille Gumbo

09/25: Fried Shrimp Po Boys

10/02: Blackened Filet Mignon w/ Crawfish cream sauce

10/09: Grilled Chicken Breast w/ Sauteed Crawfish Tail and Andouille Sausage

10/16: Cajun Muffaletta Sandwich

10/23: Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad

10/30: Catfish Po Boy

11/06: Banana's Foster

11/13: Catfish Louisianne

11/20: Blackened Sirloin w/ Fried Shrimp and Creole Sauce

11/27: Seafood Stuffed Catfish Fillet

12/04: Crawfish Bisque

12/11: Cajun Pork Chops w/ Mashed Sweet Potatoes

12/18: Blackened Chicken Creole

12/24: Crispy Cajun Duck Breast

Dining Room Hours

11 am to 10 pm daily.

Pub Hours

Sunday through Thursday: 11 am to midnight, Friday and Saturday: 11 am to 1 am.

Game Day Hours

Curly's is open to game ticketed guests only. Non-game ticketed guests can enter Curly's through the Miller Brewing Co. gate entrance 45 minutes after the conclusion of the game. For night games, Curly's will be open to the public from 11 am to 3 pm, and to game ticketed guests when gates open.

Curly's Pub Phone: 920.965.6970

Sports Bars

spacer.gif 29 Steps

119 S. Washington St., Green Bay, WI 54301

(920) 435-2929

spacer.gif Stadium View Sports Bar & Grill

1963 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304

(920) 498-1989

(920) 498-1835 (fax)

spacer.gif Timeout Sports Bar & Grill

710 Hansen, Green Bay, WI 54304

(920) 499-0255

spacer.gif Anduzzi's Sports Club

1992 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI

920) 965-1111

Glory Years Sports Bar & Grill

321 South Washington Street, Green Bay, WI 54301

(920) 321-1755

Gipper's Sports Bar & Grill

1860 University Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54302

(920) 435-1515

Anyone know where I can get a spare liver?

Hey 66, SV opens @ 7am?

Wisconsin Boasts comsuming the most alcoholic beverages per capita than any state in the union. We sell beer and liquor in gas stations, grocery stores, convient stores (bodegas). You judge the size of the town by how many bars are on main st. typically one bar per 500 population and if the town is under 500 people there is a state law they have one bar:cheers: welcome to Wisconsin

Legal bar hours are from 7am to 1:30 am with bars staying open one hour later on Saturdays to 2:30 am and later in Milwaukee county to 3 am

I believe that bars may be open till 230 am on Friday night also.

Another couple bars you may be interested in are:

Fuzzy's

2511 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54303

(920) 494-6633

Five Six

405 West Walnut Street, Green Bay, WI 54303

(920) 884-2056

The first is owned by Packer legend Fuzzy Thurston. An Offensive Lineman from the Lombardi era, Fuzzy is often at his bar.(He signed my wife's t-shirt last time we were there. Many Packer pictures etc here. Sometimes is not open to the public if the Pack is having a player reunion type weekend. I don't think they are this weekend.

The second is a club owned by Nick Barnett. I believe he is in the process of selling it because he has had licensing problems and one or two racial problems. GB is the smallest city in pro sports. Not an excuse just a fact.

Most of you seem like football fans and not just Jets fans. You should definitely do the stadium tour and Packer Hall of Fame. Give your self a couple hours for the HOF if you are really into NFL history. Many short films and such to watch, as well as a replica of Lombardi's office, an interactive section for kids(yeah right, try to keep the adults out!) and finally as you leave the the Pack's 3 Lombardi trophies!

Many say the Packer HOF is better than the NFL's!!

No doubt you will have a great experience! Get to the stadium and surrounding bars early! There will be plenty of beer, food and fans. Unfortunately I have to work, but my brother will be up in one of the sky boxes. Have a great time!! But not a win!!

Please note that Boston's is on Onieda St, but a ways back off the road - makes it kinda hard to see from the street.

Fly safe everyone. Looks like crappy weather tomorrow, so Godspeed on those connections.

Brett Favre's Steakhouse

1004 Brett Favre Passage, Green Bay, WI 54304

(920) 499-6874 , is hard to see after dark. It's a short street been there once.

the important question is can you buy alcohol at 7am sunday morning??

Silly question, this is Wisconsin! Of course!

But wouldn't it be easier to buy it Saturday and have it ready to go(or have a couple down) by 7am?? :cheers:

Archived