What does NY have to do to win???

MidwayMonster

Bears fan here, not here to talk trash. Obviously Chicago is favored on Sunday, and they have earned that right. I am curious as to what Jet fans think will be the key to them winning on Sunday. IMO, they need to blitz and be successful at it. Don't know much about your team. What do you guys think will be a must to beat the Bears. Run game?? Special teams?? Turnsovers?? Pressure on Grossman?? Urlacher, Grossman, Moose, Briggs, Harris get the flu (J/K)??

Regardless I think it will be a well fought game.

Bears fan here, not here to talk trash. Obviously Chicago is favored on Sunday, and they have earned that right. I am curious as to what Jet fans think will be the key to them winning on Sunday. IMO, they need to blitz and be successful at it. Don't know much about your team. What do you guys think will be a must to beat the Bears. Run game?? Special teams?? Turnsovers?? Pressure on Grossman?? Urlacher, Grossman, Moose, Briggs, Harris get the flu (J/K)??

First off, we can intercept the ball if we blitz. If we get good pressure on Grossman I am confident that we will win this game. Also, we have the best kick returner in the league so watch out for him.

First off, we can intercept the ball if we blitz. If we get good pressure on Grossman I am confident that we will win this game. Also, we have the best kick returner in the league so watch out for him.

You can intercept the ball if you blitz successfully. That is the biggest weakness with Rex so far. Get in his face and he will make mistakes. Blitz and don't get to him, Berrian has a field day. And yes, you have a dangerous KR. Sunday will pit the top KR vs. the to PR in the NFL, IMO. Should be a fun game. Here's to good luck and no injuries.

Jets D emerged against the Pats. Did they shoot their proverbial load? Or are they just starting to click? Remains to be seen.

Run game- I hope it rains on Sunday. Barlow is a mudder.

Special teams- We have a lousy kicker, great kickoff returner.

Turnovers- Pennington throws picks, but overall, he plays smart. Leon Washington had a bad fumble against the Browns, but was ok against the Pats. How about you guys?

Grossman- If the Jets could harass Brady the entire game in their stadium (with the refs giving them the calls), then Grossman is gonna get touched. He responds well, though. I think the Giants D got after him quite a bit in the first half of that matchup.

Bears got a great front seven. Tell me about your secondary. Tell me it's a weakness.

Easy, if we score more points than you, we will beat you :-P

But seriously: can't turn the ball over. The Bears are too good for us to hand the game to them and try to recover. Generate at least 4 scoring drives on offense. If they are all TDs, I think we are winning this game easily. More likely, there will be FGs in there, the question is how many TDs do we need? I say we need at least 2. How will we score on offense? Give Chad enough time to throw the ball, and try to take advantage of soft coverage on defense. We're going to need to at least establish the threat of going deep in order to get the secondary to play off the WRs a bit, if we can establish that, short precision passing allowing Coles and Cotchery to get YAC will be the difference. If we can not establish a deep ball at all, we are probably doomed, as the defense will simply play the WRs tight.

This game is going to be a good one. I think this is going to be the game of the week, which is no small feat in a week that features Indy-Dallas and Broncos-Chargers. This is a GREAT weekend to be a football fan.

Found this piece today. Maybe you've all seen it, but it goes to the topic of the thread here. I looked quickly through the Articles thread you have stickied, and didn't see this one.

Some interesting thoughts here.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/11/bears-washington-jets171106.html

Wow! That is a great article. Thanks.

I didn't know the Bears run D is so vulnerable. 141 yds to Tiki? Seems to me your special teams are the rabbit in the hat.

I'll give Mike Westhoff and our guys the edge.

If the Bears let the Jets run the ball, like my man Serp pointed out already, Chad will have a field day just dumping it off to Cotch and Coles and letting them do the rest.

The biggest obstacle that the Jets must overcome to win this game is, Chad himself. The Bears front seven is not the best match up for him.

Between our special teams and defense, I think the Jets can do enough to keep it close and possibly pull off an upset.

The biggest factor, by far, is can Chad lead the Jets vs. a very tough, strong and opportunistic D-line?

Jets D emerged against the Pats. Did they shoot their proverbial load? Or are they just starting to click? Remains to be seen.

Run game- I hope it rains on Sunday. Barlow is a mudder.

Special teams- We have a lousy kicker, great kickoff returner.

Turnovers- Pennington throws picks, but overall, he plays smart. Leon Washington had a bad fumble against the Browns, but was ok against the Pats. How about you guys?

Grossman- If the Jets could harass Brady the entire game in their stadium (with the refs giving them the calls), then Grossman is gonna get touched. He responds well, though. I think the Giants D got after him quite a bit in the first half of that matchup.

Bears got a great front seven. Tell me about your secondary. Tell me it's a weakness.

Our secondary is pretty solid. Our weakness on D is sometimes we cannot stop the run. Our defense is built on speed and we can be exposed on the run. Sometimes we look solid against the run, sometimes we look like swiss cheese. Our front 4 tend to have good days and bad days as well. When they play lights out, we are almost impossible to beat. When the don't and our run D is lacking, we can be exposed. Not to sound ****y, but win or lose, I am pretty sure you will walk away amazed at how good our D is.

Offense is another story. Sometimes we look like we could rival Indy, sometimes we look like we belong in the Big 10. Our only glaring weakness right now is inconsistancy on offense.

The Jets offensive and defensive rankings are somewhat misleading in that we installed new systems on both sides of the ball and the players are just now becoming comfortable with their assignments.You can see that players now know where they are supposed to be on the field as opposed to earlier in the season when they looked lost at times.The last two weeks have shown major improvements on the offense and defense and Chad has had much better protection.I believe that special teams will be big in this game and if our offensive line handles Chicago's defensive line the way they handled New England's,we will win this by 10 points.We match up physically very well with the Bears smallish defensive linemen.

The biggest obstacle that the Jets must overcome to win this game is, Chad himself. The Bears front seven is not the best match up for him.

Between our special teams and defense, I think the Jets can do enough to keep it close and possibly pull off an upset.

The biggest factor, by far, is can Chad lead the Jets vs. a very tough, strong and opportunistic D-line?

great post ladyjet....... I just slapped my wife around & said dang girl why can't you talk football like that

I kinda think maybe I overreacted now.maybe i'll apologise if she ever gets her narrowass back here with my sammich :P

The Jets offensive and defensive rankings are somewhat misleading in that we installed new systems on both sides of the ball and the players are just now becoming comfortable with their assignments.You can see that players now know where they are supposed to be on the field as opposed to earlier in the season when they looked lost at times.The last two weeks have shown major improvements on the offense and defense and Chad has had much better protection.I believe that special teams will be big in this game and if our offensive line handles Chicago's defensive line the way they handled New England's,we will win this by 10 points.We match up physically very well with the Bears smallish defensive linemen.

We are smallish, but also very strong. Harris is an absolute beast. Neutralizing our D-line is a must. Like I said before, watching highlights vs. NE, the pressure you guys brings with the blitz scares me very much.

I will say that Sunday there will two teams that will get after each other that know how to play REAL football, and play it the right way. Two good, young teams, and two of the best young coaches in the game.

We are smallish, but also very strong. Harris is an absolute beast. Neutralizing our D-line is a must. Like I said before, watching highlights vs. NE, the pressure you guys brings with the blitz scares me very much.

I will say that Sunday there will two teams that will get after each other that know how to play REAL football, and play it the right way. Two good, young teams, and two of the best young coaches in the game.

we've been waiting all season for a defensive performance like that. we rarely blitzed prior to the pats game. you guys are big blitzers and good at it.

it really does look like how each qb handles the blitz is gonna be a huge factor in the game. other than the jags game, chad makes few mistakes

welcome to the site btw. are you from dabearz.com?

we've been waiting all season for a defensive performance like that. we rarely blitzed prior to the pats game. you guys are big blitzers and good at it.

it really does look like how each qb handles the blitz is gonna be a huge factor in the game. other than the jags game, chad makes few mistakes

welcome to the site btw. are you from dabearz.com?

In all honesty, we don't blitz very often. Our defense is built around and heavily relies on the Front 4 putting pressure on the opposing QB. But I do agree with you, this game may come down to how well the QBs on both sides are able to handle what the D's are throwing at them. Good Luck (starting next week):P

Our secondary is pretty solid. Our weakness on D is sometimes we cannot stop the run. Our defense is built on speed and we can be exposed on the run. Sometimes we look solid against the run, sometimes we look like swiss cheese. Our front 4 tend to have good days and bad days as well. When they play lights out, we are almost impossible to beat. When the don't and our run D is lacking, we can be exposed. Not to sound ****y, but win or lose, I am pretty sure you will walk away amazed at how good our D is.

Offense is another story. Sometimes we look like we could rival Indy, sometimes we look like we belong in the Big 10. Our only glaring weakness right now is inconsistancy on offense.

I've noticed the secondary sometimes loses confidence and plays off the WRs a bit, trying to prevent the longer gains. It's why Harrington and Leinart had some success against the Bears D. It was mostly the WRs taking shorter passes and then getting good gains out of them. I don't think the Bears secondary is that great against speedy WRs after the catch, it seems like the Bears don't take you down after the catch right away on the shorter passes. This is why I think establishing a deep ball early will help the Jets tremendously in this game.

On the run D: giving up a lot of yardage to Tiki Barber isn't really something to be that ashamed of. Barber is one of the top backs in the league, and when he's on, a lot of times he can make a case for the best, especially if you take his pass catching into account as well. I'm not too confident that Leon will be able to replicate that type of performance. Obviously if he can, it'll help the Jets offense greatly, but I think the key is going to be with establishing the long ball early. If the Jets open the game with 3 big pass plays and a TD, the Jets offense will be able to get something going. If the Jets don't establish this threat, watch for the secondary to take away the short passes, and generally make life difficult for Pennington. Obviously the run will help a bit, but I don't think it will be enough to open up the pass game by itself.

Archived