The Future: Discovering a diamond in the rough

JetCane

Yep, he has great size, nice hands, and sees the field.

There were a couple of huge HS games last night, SFJ, including Lakeland vs St. T.A., which was a doozy. Word is the kids love the Shannon hire, so we'll see.

Did the kid from Lakeland who was running his mouth about taking money play?

Who won?

Yep, he has great size, nice hands, and sees the field.

There were a couple of huge HS games last night, SFJ, including Lakeland vs St. T.A., which was a doozy. Word is the kids love the Shannon hire, so we'll see.

Shannon is the perfect coach for Miami-who knows maybe some of what LJ was saying on HBO's Inside the NFL last week has some relevance...

Lakeland is a great team;

By less than an inch, Lakeland High's football dynasty lives on. The No. 1-ranked Dreadnaughts survived a goal-line stand in double-overtime Friday night, beating No. 3 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas, 45-42, for their third consecutive Class 5A state championship at Dolphin Stadium. "It's been a heck of a week," Click here for full article.

http://www.lakelandfootball.com/homepage.htm

Who are you talking about? Lemme know and I'll check it out.

It was 45-42 in OT and i think St.T won but I'll double check that.

His name is Chris Rainey, he did play and Lakeland won.

He was bragging to a reporter that people have been giving him free stuff.

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061209/COLUMNISTS0617/612090488/1217/CAMPUS28

The No. 1-ranked Dreadnaughts survived a goal-line stand in double-overtime Friday night, beating No. 3 Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas, 45-42,

Got it. Thanks. Yeah I saw some highlights and that last play of the game- he was VERY close to being in.

Shannon is the perfect coach for Miami-who knows maybe some of what LJ was saying on HBO's Inside the NFL last week has some relevance...

I hope so. I had a good feeling about his press conference, and on the Canes board I mentioned that in some ways it reminded me of the feeling I had after Mangini's presser. He doesnt have any HC experience but his defenses have done well and he is a Cane thru and thru.

What was LJ saying?

Got it. Thanks. Yeah I saw some highlights and that last play of the game- he was VERY close to being in.

I hope so. I had a good feeling about his press conference, and on the Canes board I mentioned that in some ways it reminded me of the feeling I had after Mangini's presser. He doesnt have any HC experience but his defenses have done well and he is a Cane thru and thru.

What was LJ saying?

the drivel about black coaches being better FOR black kids...pretty controvesial stuff between him and Chris Carter-we beat it to death here last week

the drivel about black coaches being better FOR black kids...pretty controvesial stuff between him and Chris Carter-we beat it to death here last week

Yeah it is coming up now on the Canes board due to the RS hire. Black kids need role models like anyone else, and I understand those who prefer wanting a male black role model. I think Shannon has been a great role model in his career.

Archived