I got a great boxing analagy for you Eric

Barton

Leper? No. Afflicted with some form of disease that allows yourself to be tortured over and over with mediocrity and disappointment? Yeah, it seems that way.

Here's the bottom line- I would be completely content with a losing season if that season means progress towards the goal of winning a SB. Chad is an obstacle to that goal IMO. Just as much, if not even more so, as Herm Edwards was an obstacle. I seriously can't stand to see him trot out on the field as our starter. It makes me sick that so many Jets fans want to give this guy countless chances and countless excuses. Our pisspoor D has given us a chance to win almost every game this year. When they hold CLE to 20 points, we should win that game. When they hold CHI to 10, we should win that game. When they hold BUF to 17, we should win that game.

Chad has NEVER come through for us and pulled one out while facing adversity in a game. Hell, the only true comback he ever orchestrated was against JAX in a losing season. Not once has Chad been the guy to look at his teammates and tell them to jump on his shoulders. This isn't even about armstrength, it's about the fact that he is a pisspoor leader who clams up when faced with difficulty. Chad is like a 1980's Hyundai. Yeah, it can get you from point A to B from time to time, but you know damn well it was going to break down and disappoint you right when you absolutely had to be somewhere. I have absolutely had it with that ******* on this team. I love the Jets. Plain and simple. I am a Jets fan. I am not a Chad Pennington fan. Feel good stories of mediocrity can happen elsewhere for all I care. I have no sypathy for him, he hurts my team. I don't give 2 craps that he was injured twice, that's football. He was paid handsomely for it. Call me an ******* for feeling that way, but I'm an ******* who cares alot more about the name on the helmet than the name on the back of the jersey.

I respect your opinion. Respect, but don't necessarily agree with all of it.

And that is where we are. Neither have the bsis to know it all.

It makes the world go 'round

SD..these are opinions...Now based on fact...many more "better" (excuse the language I was only a LB) than the Jets NFL teams in the past and present have made the switch at the QB position..that is a fact. The only reason it's not done now (in the Jets case) is because of somewhere in the vicinity of $65 million dollars!!!! (maybe a little less after he had to take a pay cut). This is a team sport. not a one man sport. If one on your team is not performing you have to put the next guy in...that's it...its not complicated at all and that's the way it has always been. Get over it Chad is not the answer (anymore).. I know it's a hard pill to swallow.

I have never said Chad was the answer. But, just because that may be the case, does not mean that Chad should be replaced in week 15, 2006. That is my only point. Others want to make it more, by far less reasoning.

Archived