Quincy Carter finally gets a job

uart

Maybe if he has a good season, Herm will bring him to KC?

BOSSIER CITY, La. -- Former NFL quarterback Quincy Carter signed Thursday with the Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings, an indoor team playing in the Arena Football League's secondary circuit, af2.

The 29-year-old Carter has not played in the NFL since 2004, when he appeared in seven games for the New York Jets. He was a second-round pick out of Georgia by the Cowboys in 2001 and started all 16 games for Dallas in 2003.

Carter has passed for 6,337 yards and 32 touchdowns in 38 games during his four NFL seasons. He also rushed for 518 yards and three touchdowns.

"I know quite a few players who have moved from the outdoor game to the AFL and af2, and even more that have moved from arena football to the outdoor game," Carter said. "I see af2 as a place to begin the process of getting back to the National Football League."

Carter signed with the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League last year, but was released less than a week into training camp.

Off-the-field problems contributed to Carter's demise in the NFL.

He was in the league's substance-abuse program after failing a drug test while with Dallas.

At the end of his only season with the Jets, Carter left the team four days before their playoff game against Pittsburgh to be with his ailing mother in Decatur, Ga. He later entered a rehab program.

"Quincy coming here is exactly the message the Battle Wings want to send out to football players everywhere," Battle Wings coach Jon Norris said. "We want to be known as a place for aspiring NFL players to develop and hone their skills."

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

I thought the deal with QC was that he was diagnosed as being manic depressive, that the coke thing was more an self-medicating abberation, that pot was where he was failing later testing, but much for the same reason. Then I heard he was put on Lithium and much improved under Dr. supervision. Anyway, I wish him well. He did OK by the Jets.

EDIT: Just another reason to hate on Parcells, didn't he just love to look the other way for LT? Now the choice to pollute LT was LT's, but don't anybody say Fat Bill didn't turn a blind eye, along with the rest of the league and his enabling cohorts. So Parcells doesn't go to LT's HOF induction in a show of disapproval - which was of course all after a cranked up LT had already gotten him his rings.

I thought the deal with QC was that he was diagnosed as being manic depressive, that the coke thing was more an self-medicating abberation, that pot was where he was failing later testing, but much for the same reason. Then I heard he was put on Lithium and much improved under Dr. supervision.

Anway, I wish him well. And, another reason to hate on Parcells, didn't he just love to look the other way for LT? Now the choice to pollute LT was LT's, but don't anybody say Fat Bill didn't turn a blind eye, along with the rest of the league and his enabling cohorts. So Parcells doesn't go to LT's HOF induction in a show of disapproval - which was of course all after a cranked up LT had already gotten him his rings.

You are Spot on with Parcells.

People can make fun of Belichik all they want but he doesn't turn a blind eye to drug users and bad character guys like Parcells did.

The Tuna can go rot in hell for all I care.

You are Spot on with Parcells.

People can make fun of Belichik all they want but he doesn't turn a blind eye to drug users and bad character guys like Parcells did.

The Tuna can go rot in hell for all I care.

He didn't turn a blind eye on Quincy in Dallas as he well shouldn't, but he miraculously had more patience on that score back in the day. Must because LT could go out on a three day binge and still show up for practice. Or maybe it was that he played his best ball high as a kite? Hehe. Of course, THAT.

Archived