Dook is unranked

JetCane

Duke falls out of poll for first time in 11 years

By DOUG FEINBERG, AP Sports Writer

February 12, 2007

Duke's Top 25 streak is over.

Saddled by its first four-game losing skid in 11 years, Duke fell out of The Associated Press poll Monday for the first time since the end of the 1995-96 season. The Blue Devils had been in the media poll for 200 straight weeks -- the second longest streak behind UCLA.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Bruins' run lasted 221 weeks, from the 1966-67 preseason poll to Jan. 8, 1980. North Carolina is third all-time with 172 straight weeks from the 1990-91 preseason poll to Jan. 17, 2000.

"If you do it for a long period of time, it means you've been good that long," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said of his team's streak that began in the 1996-97 preseason poll. "We never bring it up. It's a nice stat thing."

UCLA and Memphis are now tied for the longest active streak at 34 straight weeks in the Top 25.

Duke was No. 8 two weeks ago before losing in the final seconds to Virginia and Florida State. The Blue Devils lost to then-No. 5 North Carolina 79-73 on Wednesday and fell 72-60 at Maryland on Sunday for their first four-game losing since Jan. 3-13, 1996.

"We travel a narrow road between winning and losing," Krzyzewski said. "We were in a position to win, you have to make sure the kids know that. They are doing a lot of things to put themselves in a position to win."

Duke received 150 points, falling just eight short of No. 25 Alabama.

The Blue Devils will try to end their slide Wednesday against Atlantic Coast Conference leader Boston College.

that's what they said about the Heels LAST YEAR!! when they lost their top 7 scorers!

Oh i didn't realize holes won title last year.... my bad

also since roy is not recruiting anyone this year, he should have no problem

replacing wright, lawson and hansborough

Oh i didn't realize holes won title last year.... my bad

also since roy is not recruiting anyone this year, he should have no problem

replacing wright, lawson and hansborough

They didn't win it but they finished 2nd in the ACC and made the 2nd round of the Tourney. That was an amazing achievement considering what they lost. The heels are set up very well for the near future, even if worst case scenario Hansbrough, Wright and Lawson leave early(Tyler says he's coming back but you never know, the other 2 haven't said anything) the heels still would have Frasor, Ellington, Ginyard, Stepheson and Thompson w/ Green, Thomas, Copeland and Graves(a good recruit this year who redshirted) off the becnh. That team can be a top 10 team easily and if any of the 3 guys doesn't go early the Heels will likely be a FF favorite next year.

They didn't win it but they finished 2nd in the ACC and made the 2nd round of the Tourney. That was an amazing achievement considering what they lost. The heels are set up very well for the near future, even if worst case scenario Hansbrough, Wright and Lawson leave early(Tyler says he's coming back but you never know, the other 2 haven't said anything) the heels still would have Frasor, Ellington, Ginyard, Stepheson and Thompson w/ Green, Thomas, Copeland and Graves(a good recruit this year who redshirted) off the becnh. That team can be a top 10 team easily and if any of the 3 guys doesn't go early the Heels will likely be a FF favorite next year.

Good post. I agree exactly. UNC have the bench to still be a top 10 team even if hansbrough, Wright and Lawson leave early. They don't need a great recruiting class this coming year to be good without them 3. UNC's in a way better position than Duke this year no matter what. And who said Hansbrough, Wright, and Lawson were leaving anyways?

Good post. I agree exactly. UNC have the bench to still be a top 10 team even if hansbrough, Wright and Lawson leave early. They don't need a great recruiting class this coming year to be good without them 3. UNC's in a way better position than Duke this year no matter what. And who said Hansbrough, Wright, and Lawson were leaving anyways?

lawson and wright are lottery picks,, will be fools to stay in college

hansbrough will leave b4 his stock drops even further.

Don't kid yourself, Holes will not be a great team without these 3, they better win title this year

lawson and wright are lottery picks,, will be fools to stay in college

hansbrough will leave b4 his stock drops even further.

Don't kid yourself, Holes will not be a great team without these 3, they better win title this year

Stepheson, Thompson, Ginyard, Green and Fraasor would start for 90% of the Colleges out there. The heels won't be deep next year but they'll be very good. It won't be as raw as last year and we were still a very good team last year.

Stepheson, Thompson, Ginyard, Green and Fraasor would start for 90% of the Colleges out there. The heels won't be deep next year but they'll be very good. It won't be as raw as last year and we were still a very good team last year.

very good does not equal great

great teams win the dance, i am not impressed with the names you listed above, that is not a NCAA title team

very good does not equal great

great teams win the dance, i am not impressed with the names you listed above, that is not a NCAA title team

Carolina's 2nd team could be a top 10-15 team this year. next year even if they lose those 3(I think Tyler will be around 1 more season) they have an experienced team of sophs and Juniors w/ still plenty of talent. They won't have the grest depth they have this year but they will have a starting lineup that not many will be able to match. You are not impressed probably b/c all you hear about are Lawson, Wright and hansbrough but trust these guys are damn good and will thrive w/ more PT. Just look at what the Heels did to Arizona w/o 3 of their best players including Brandan Wright.

Greta teams don't always win the NCAAs, UF was not a great team last year, SU was not great in 2003, UA was not great in 1997.

Carolina's 2nd team could be a top 10-15 team this year. next year even if they lose those 3(I think Tyler will be around 1 more season) they have an experienced team of sophs and Juniors w/ still plenty of talent. They won't have the grest depth they have this year but they will have a starting lineup that not many will be able to match. You are not impressed probably b/c all you hear about are Lawson, Wright and hansbrough but trust these guys are damn good and will thrive w/ more PT. Just look at what the Heels did to Arizona w/o 3 of their best players including Brandan Wright.

Greta teams don't always win the NCAAs, UF was not a great team last year, SU was not great in 2003, UA was not great in 1997.

Florida is a great team,,, no pub

Tyler will leave his play is starting to slip IMO

Florida is a great team,,, no pub

Tyler will leave his play is starting to slip IMO

Florida was NOT a great team last year, they are this year. No pub? Do you pasy attention to CBB? they get plenty of attention.

Tyler's play is not starting to slip, he's been great this year.

last year he averaged 18.9 PPG in 30.4 MPG, this year he is averaging 18.6 in 28.9 MPG and has alot mroe help.

last year he averaged 7.8 RPG, this year 7.8

Last year 2.5 turnovers a game, this year 1.9.

His FG % has gone down slightly but that's the only area he has gotten "worse".

He has been better than last year overall and is developing his game. I don't think he'll leave b/c I don't think he'll be a lottery pick and that's when UNC players leave early.

Florida was NOT a great team last year, they are this year. No pub? Do you pasy attention to CBB? they get plenty of attention.

Tyler's play is not starting to slip, he's been great this year.

last year he averaged 18.9 PPG in 30.4 MPG, this year he is averaging 18.6 in 28.9 MPG and has alot mroe help.

last year he averaged 7.8 RPG, this year 7.8

Last year 2.5 turnovers a game, this year 1.9.

His FG % has gone down slightly but that's the only area he has gotten "worse".

He has been better than last year overall and is developing his game. I don't think he'll leave b/c I don't think he'll be a lottery pick and that's when UNC players leave early.

they have the same core last year as this year, Florida was a great team last

year, they got no respect all year

they have the same core last year as this year, Florida was a great team last

year, they got no respect all year

They had respect early in the year when they got off to the great start(even though they played a creampuff sched) but they finished the reg season winning 6 of their last 12- that doesn't gte alot of respect. UF was also a 3 seed, great teams aren't 3 seeds. You can win a title as a 3 but you aren't great b/c you didn't have a great reg season.

and their players have grown up, a year ago they had potential now they are fulfilling it. They are a great team THIS YEAR, they weren't last year.

Archived