Victor Hobson On The AfterNoon Blitz

Maxman

He said:

Excited to be in and working out and getting ready for next season.

Optimistic about the team especially after Thomas Jones and the defensive guys they brought in. The sky is the limit.

They played good football at the end of the year last year. The early season struggles were because of the new systems and everyone getting to know each other.

Defensive Moves -- David Bowens: He can have a major impact because of the style of defense that they play.

Do you see a 3-4 , 4-3 hybrid next year? With Coach Mangini you never know what they are going to do. They prepare for everything. They just want to be put in a position to make plays and hit people.

Schein said bringing in Wadsworth was like the scene from Major League when they tried to bring in a guy who was dead. Reaction to you and your teammates to this signing?

Hobson said he didn't know until they went in and worked out. It is what it is. He is an athlete and a competitor, hopefully he can still do what he did when he was in his prime.

On Hobson -- it was tough to learn the 3-4. Jonathan did well making all the calls. He progressed well and by season end was playing great football.

What is the biggest difference with year two Mangini vs Year one Mangini? He had to put his foot down last year. What the system was, what the expectations were. Now everyone is more familiar with each other. Everyone knows what to expect.

Will Clemens challenge Chad next year? Kellen will be great. It is hard to come right in from college. People expect you to pick up where you left off. He has done well and will only get better.

Announcing that Chad was the guy for 2007 says a lot. Chad was healthy last season and he worked wonders for the team. He did great job with a new system and leading the team to the playoffs.

Do you guys believe that Chad is a guy that can take you to the Super Bowl? He is a great QB, a great leader and a great person. He is capable of taking this team wherever it can go but it is not just Chad. The whole team has to be on the Super Bowl level.

The teams in our division have made some key moves. Miami on defense, New England looks locked and loaded. It's a competitive league.

He wasn't going to argue for McGahee to stay in Buffalo. Not sad to see him leave.

Where do you see the Jets going in the future? Are you close to a Super Bowl? What upgrades are needed?

No position in particular. Last year was a learning experience. Going into this year they are prepared to take the challenge and feel like the sky is the limit.

Schein --Hobson and Rhodes are Mangini guys, will you have more of a leadership role?

I am not a vocal guy. I can lead through my actions by doing the right things on and off the field. I don't have any problems with leading through my actions.

The young guys Brick, Mangold will be a key part of the team and the offense this year. Did a great job stepping up last year. You have to credit the team and Coach Mangini. He told them you are not rookies anymore once you step on that field. You have to compete and play. We expect good things from you.

thanks max

... i had to leave the car & missed it ...

... i love listening to nfl on sirius ...

... pat kirwan is as impressive as anyone i've ever heard talk football ... a front office guy who can relate to players on their level ... while still challenging them & judging big picture how they will benefit the team ...

... does anyone have any stories or info on kirwan while he was with the jets, besides the bio, generic timeline of positions held type stuff? ...

... i'm amazed we weren't able to achieve more with him as one of the guys running the show ... wonder if his advice wasn't acted upon ... or if he has gotten smarter after doing some things incorrectly while in our FO ...

... thanks ...

l_j_r

Archived